Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 70
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

It does. Your Doctor cut will fit optics like the Burris Fastfire III, J-Point and I think the Vortex Venom.

The RMR cut will obviously fit RMRs, but also the SRO and Holosun 403/503.
View Quote

Thanks. Fastfire 3 was already on the shortlist.  

Would be a lot easier, but Amazon listings don't seem to specify what any individual optic fits.  

Maybe I just need to dig deeper for information on better retail sources.    

Link Posted: 4/26/2022 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC Swampfox has an optic with the Doctor footprint.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HellSpork:

Thanks. Fastfire 3 was already on the shortlist.  

Would be a lot easier, but Amazon listings don't seem to specify what any individual optic fits.  

Maybe I just need to dig deeper for information on better retail sources.    

View Quote
This list may not be current, but it's a good starting point anyway.
RDS Footprints
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 2:52:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Sending two slides off to Nameless based on recomends in this post.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:

I ran into the same problem when I mounted a 507c to my 686.  I was going to shim it, but I had a RMR laying around so I decided to try that.  The RMR has enough adjustment to get it zeroed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stonia:
Been watching this thread for a long time.  Finally put a Holosun 507c on my 686 using than Allchin mount.  Everything mounted up fine, but I've run out of elevation adjustment.  Still about 3 inches high at 20 yards.  Have a shim ordered, but still.  Anyone else ever run into this problem?

I ran into the same problem when I mounted a 507c to my 686.  I was going to shim it, but I had a RMR laying around so I decided to try that.  The RMR has enough adjustment to get it zeroed.

Found an plastic shim online advertised as 1 degree for RMR.  Perfect fit and brought it down perfectly.  Really digging this setup.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Found an plastic shim online advertised as 1 degree for RMR.  Perfect fit and brought it down perfectly.  Really digging this setup.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/20220427_141735_jpg-2364054.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/20220427_141728_jpg-2364055.JPG
View Quote
So awesome

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Cost about $350 total as pictured.  Found some nice sales.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
So awesome

View All Quotes

Found an plastic shim online advertised as 1 degree for RMR.  Perfect fit and brought it down perfectly.  Really digging this setup.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/20220427_141735_jpg-2364054.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/20220427_141728_jpg-2364055.JPG
So awesome

Agreed, Very Cool
Cp
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Found an plastic shim online advertised as 1 degree for RMR.  Perfect fit and brought it down perfectly.  Really digging this setup.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/20220427_141735_jpg-2364054.JPG
View Quote

Where did you get the shim from?  I liked the 32 moa ring on the 507 for shooting in DA, might switch back to it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Where did you get the shim from?  I liked the 32 moa ring on the 507 for shooting in DA, might switch back to it.
View All Quotes

Found an plastic shim online advertised as 1 degree for RMR.  Perfect fit and brought it down perfectly.  Really digging this setup.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/20220427_141735_jpg-2364054.JPG

Seems a little pricy at 12 bucks, but works. Saw the same thing on ebay too.
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#11]
My new Staccato P showed up last night. Haven't shot it yet but got the RMR and PL350 mounted up.

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:
My new Staccato P showed up last night. Haven't shot it yet but got the RMR and PL350 mounted up.

https://i.postimg.cc/Wb7RScmP/20220428-204622-1.jpg
View Quote

oof
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#13]
RMR and Dawson plate came in for my Staccato P, now I need to go sight it in.

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Red dot all the things.

Attachment Attached File

The Beretta is a 92FS that I scored a 92X RDO slide and a Doctor mount for. It's getting a Burris Fastfire III in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#15]
@11boomboom what is on the muzzle of your 320?  Optic?  Wilson grip?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:46:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#16]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:
View Quote

Not 11boom, but that is a Wilson Grip frame and a Herrington Arms Comp.  They'll also fit in the longer frames.

HC320 SIG P320 COMPENSATOR

(Pic from Herrington Arms website)
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#17]
What sort of groups you guys getting with your gen 5 g19 oem barrels at 25Y?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I haven’t measured in a while. I do know this, it’s better than I am capable.  

This weekend I was doing the Modern Samurai drill from this thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/My-Path-Toward-the-Modern-Samurai-Black-Belt-Standards/4-202954/

I know 2 shots on the timer is no way indicative of accuracy - however I think the Gen5s are no slouches.  This is a screen grab from that drill from my 25 yard target.  This is typical of my bone stock Gen 5

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

If time allows me, today I’ll try to go out and shoot a proper 5 shot group.  

Foo, and the other people in this thread, you should check the Samurai thread out and participate.  There’s a good group of shooters over there!  Don’t worry, I’m the guy that breaks the ice for failure so no one feels bad! The drill isn’t overly ammo  intensive and it gets you out shooting!

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dump1567:

Not 11boom, but that is a Wilson Grip frame and a Herrington Arms Comp.  They'll also fit in the longer frames.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0071/5928/3801/products/IMG_20211202_154240_653_720x.jpg?v=1638801253
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0071/5928/3801/products/IMG_20211202_154240_653_720x.jpg?v=1638801253

This exactly. Herrington Arms 3-port compensator.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Most of the gen 5 Glocks that I have personally owned and zeroed, or helped others zero (which I do frequently) will shoot Gold Dot 124 standard pressure at 1 3/4 inch or better-  The worst I can recall was maybe 2.5 inches, but the vast majority will shoot 2" or better.

Obviously this is done off of a rest, 5 round confirmation groups with admittedly occasionally eliminating the blatantly obvious human error oops shot.

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:02:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#21]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Most of the gen 5 Glocks that I have personally owned and zeroed, or helped others zero (which I do frequently) will shoot Gold Dot 124 standard pressure at 1 3/4 inch or better-  The worst I can recall was maybe 2.5 inches, but the vast majority will shoot 2" or better.

Obviously this is done off of a rest, 5 round confirmation groups with admittedly occasionally eliminating the blatantly obvious human error oops shot.

View Quote
@marksman14

thanks. These groups are gen 5 vs gen 3 shot off a rest with RMR and blazer brass 147 and 115. The gen 5 groups are pretty meh compared to the gen 3.

Im tempted to throw a different barrel in it but want to test some other ammo first to make sure it's not just blazer. Im thinking KKM.

Group size written above target

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:20:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#22]
Going to have to dig deep, but I know I have a few photos of zeroing targets......All of these will be 25 yards- if a gun shoots obviously in one direction, I dont bother shooting more than a round or two, hey, gold dot is expensive...These are NOT 10 round groups, this is not scientific, just an example of what I've come across and remembered to photograph.

My latest Sig 320 4.7 which is a bit of a freak; obvious adjustments made, obvious flyer at some point as well, but it shoots as tight as my staccatos My other few 4.7s are closer to 1 3/4-2, and my 3.9 barrels all struggle to shoot better than 2.5
Attachment Attached File

This was a friend's G19 with holosun- the far right shot was absolutely induced by me, though still a good group even with it:
Attachment Attached File

Staccato P- upon setting up, it was shooting right and a touch high- the shots to the right were obvious, so I moved left- the group above the center was a few rounds before I moved it down a few clicks- point is, those groups are separate.
Attachment Attached File

My old G17.5
Attachment Attached File

Pretty sure this was one of my G19.5, and I wouldn't be surprised if I shot a few and made a click or two down because im stingy, but either way this would have been totally acceptable for a "final" zero.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:24:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#23]
Staccato C2, shot right, adjusted just a tad far to the left, and yes, that leftward bias was corrected with a click or two to the right, so that final group with as many shots are in there is with adjustments to get it centered- staccato's have all been super accurate. (once again excuse the obvious flyer....)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#24]
@marksman14

thanks. These groups are gen 5 vs gen 3 shot off a rest with RMR and blazer brass 147 and 115. The gen 5 groups are pretty meh compared to the gen 3.

Im tempted to throw a different barrel in it but want to test some other ammo first to make sure it's not just blazer. Im thinking KKM.

Group size written above target

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113559/74B01A9E-8DA5-4038-B542-3D10E46AAB75_jpe-2369504.JPG
View Quote

Honestly, for Blazer Im not surprised.  Usually when Im zeroing a pistol, I use whatever range ammo I have on hand to get it close and then I switch to the duty ammo, which again is gold dot 124 standard pressure. I've been absolutely amazed with the accuracy from that loading, and it shoots really really well out of pretty much every pistol I've zeroed at 25 yards.  Modern pistols and modern ammo are impressive.

My Sig 320's absolutely HATE 115 ball ammo- Ive found its almost not worth wasting it trying to shoot a group- I'll generally get 4-5" or so with it.  The Glocks shot it a little better to the point I could actually get meaningful data from it, staccatos shoot basically anything pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Honestly, for Blazer Im not surprised.  Usually when Im zeroing a pistol, I use whatever range ammo I have on hand to get it close and then I switch to the duty ammo, which again is gold dot 124 standard pressure. I've been absolutely amazed with the accuracy from that loading, and it shoots really really well out of pretty much every pistol I've zeroed at 25 yards.  Modern pistols and modern ammo are impressive.

My Sig 320's absolutely HATE 115 ball ammo- Ive found its almost not worth wasting it trying to shoot a group- I'll generally get 4-5" or so with it.  The Glocks shot it a little better to the point I could actually get meaningful data from it, staccatos shoot basically anything pretty well.
View Quote
Thanks for the science and I will take your advice.  I have the following ammo I can test out:

HST 124
HST 147
American Eagle 124
American Eagle 147
Federal Champion 115
Blazer Brass 115
Blazer Brass 147
Lawman 124
Federal Syntec 150

If this Gen 5 can't give me some sub 2.5 inch groups at 25 with some other ammo, I will think about replacing it.  Any suggestions?  KKM seems to be the top recommendation.  My Gen 3s shoot the lights out, FWIW.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#26]
My bet is the HST 124 will shoot really well in it.

Unfortunately its been a while since I've looked at aftermarket glock barrels, but I'd be shocked if KKM wouldn't give you what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Comprehensive posts, @marksman14 !

Thanks, now I won’t have to go out in the rain and shoot some groups!  

I found that my G19 likes the hot stuff, 9BPLE and Winchester 124 PDX +Ps.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#28]
Just added a larger frame and threaded barrel.  As a lefty, I don't like ambi slide locks and chopped mine off.  Always seem to hit it with my thumb.

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Just added a larger frame and threaded barrel.  As a lefty, I don't like ambi slide locks and chopped mine off.  Always seem to hit it with my thumb.

https://i.imgur.com/pMEuirg.jpg
View Quote

You know, as a lefty I find my high grip bumping the ambi slide release on my G5 - 45 all-the-time.  

At first I thought the gun wasn't holding open on the last round.  Now I know my grip is the problem.

So, more range time and dry fire I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#30]

https://i.imgur.com/pMEuirg.jpg
View Quote

Anyone know why sig widened/expanded the right side of the serial number window?

The early models had a rectangular window IIRC, and now it's like an L on its side.  It serves no purpose I can fathom...
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mcculver5:

You know, as a lefty I find my high grip bumping the ambi slide release on my G5 - 45 all-the-time.  

At first I thought the gun wasn't holding open on the last round.  Now I know my grip is the problem.

View Quote

Like my Sig above, I cut off my right side slide stops on my G45 & Gen 5 17.  I got tired of trying to readjust my grip.  I shot guns for years without ambi’s.   I don’t need them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Like my Sig above, I cut off my right side slide stops on my G45 & Gen 5 17.  I got tired of trying to readjust my grip.  I shot guns for years without ambi’s.   I don’t need them.
View All Quotes

That may be the solution.

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

They’re replaceable if you don’t like it.

On the Sigs using the X series grips I can use that ledge as a thumb rest without worrying about the slide lock.  On most guns with ambi’s, I find I just don’t get slide lock on an empty mag.  On the 320’s, I was engaging the slide lock when shooting hotter SD rounds.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Like my Sig above, I cut off my right side slide stops on my G45 & Gen 5 17.  I got tired of trying to readjust my grip.  I shot guns for years without ambi's.   I don't need them.

Best solution on Glocks is KagWerks
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the science and I will take your advice.  I have the following ammo I can test out:

HST 124
HST 147
American Eagle 124
American Eagle 147
Federal Champion 115
Blazer Brass 115
Blazer Brass 147
Lawman 124
Federal Syntec 150

If this Gen 5 can't give me some sub 2.5 inch groups at 25 with some other ammo, I will think about replacing it.  Any suggestions?  KKM seems to be the top recommendation.  My Gen 3s shoot the lights out, FWIW.
View Quote

Dude, get a KKM!

Also, G3 vs G5, has anyone noticed the recoil absorption is better with the Gen 5, but more prone to reliability issues such as weak cycling when shooting one handed? Just me? I kind of think the Gen 3 is better in this regard although the perceived recoil is greater.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Nameless Armament received my G17 slides on Friday and they sent me an email confirming receipt that day.  Today I received an email with a picture showing the two RMRs installed on the slides and they are being shipped back today.

Can't get much faster turnaround than that!
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:30:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#37]
After 2.5 years of working remote I have to go back into office (occasionally) starting next month.

As a way to temper the sting, I bought a KKM barrel. So look forward to testing that out in next 2 weeks in my gen 5 (and also shooting the FAMQ!)

Fun fact - I called KKM and they said despite the fact that have different skus, the gen 1-4 and gen 5 kkm barrel for the g19 are actually identical.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Which suppressor sites do yall recommend for a Glock 19 gen 5 mos with Trijicon RMR cc ?
I am more than ready to take the plunge with usable iron sights.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Ameriglo gL-429
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#40]
This thread makes me want to send my P-01 slide to Cajun for an RMRCC cut.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Ameriglo gL-429
View Quote

Thank you. Those look nice...real nice.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#42]
My latest red dot set-up.  M17 (factory Delta Point Pro cut) with Forward Controls Design RMR plate.  

When you remove the cover plate on the M17/M18’s you lose the rear sight and the slide does not have a rear dovetail.  What’s cool about the Forward Controls RMR plate is it has a dovetail at the rear to install a standard style rear sight.  

Truglo suppressor height sights and a type 1 RMR RM01 with Battlewerx anti flicker plate.  This RMR has been floating between guns, it originally was piggybacked on an ACOG.  It’s just temporary and I’m thinking about trying out a Holosun 507C to replace it.  

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Fun fact - I called KKM and they said despite the fact that have different skus, the gen 1-4 and gen 5 kkm barrel for the g19 are actually identical.
View Quote

I was about to post this.  I needed a threaded bbl for my 19.5 and bought a Glock oem gen 4 as I don't care for the gen 5 bbl.  I'm not having accuracy issues, I just don't like the polygonal/land combination.
Only reason the marksman bbl exist is for the FBI contract, they requested it as polygonal barrels are notoriously hard to trace.  Glock spun it as an improvement,  which it is not.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#44]
This thread is very interesting.

I've got a basic question:

Glock Gen5, 19 MOS.
Using a Forward Controls mounting plate
Trijicon RMR Type 2, 3.25 moa.

If the RMR is turned off (dark) can the factory iron sights be use?
If the RMS is turn on, where will the dot sit in the screen in relation to the iron sights?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SkiandShoot:

This thread is very interesting.

I've got a basic question:

Glock Gen5, 19 MOS.
Using a Forward Controls mounting plate
Trijicon RMR Type 2, 3.25 moa.

If the RMR is turned off (dark) can the factory iron sights be use?
If the RMS is turn on, where will the dot sit in the screen in relation to the iron sights?
View Quote

No, your sights are to low.  You need taller suppressor height sights.  I can't answer the second question, but most irons will be in the lower section of your window.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Ameriglo gL-429
View Quote

@Fooboy would these be lower third with RMR?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

https://i.postimg.cc/Wb7RScmP/20220428-204622-1.jpg
View Quote

Love the new grip texture.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#48]
This is on a Battlewerx mill job with rear irons fw.

Dot off / using irons:
Attachment Attached File

Dot on, ignoring irons:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Shooting my custom 92FS tomorrow. I can't wait.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
Shooting my custom 92FS tomorrow. I can't wait.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20220505_183341_jpg-2374577.JPG
View Quote
You're gonna wish the RDS was lower at some point in the future.
Speaking from personal experience here, and my RDS wasn't nearly as high as yours is.
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top