Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2024 11:12:20 AM EDT
I recently got a swenson slide with a optic cut . I put a holosun 407c on it . When i first took it to the range it was having failure to go into battery problems. So i put a new factory recoil spring in . Same problem . I spoke with some guys at the range and they said i need a stronger recoil spring.

My question is what spring do i need ?

Is this common with aftermarket slides?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By irishklover:
I recently got a swenson slide with a optic cut . I put a holosun 407c on it . When i first took it to the range it was having failure to go into battery problems. So i put a new factory recoil spring in . Same problem . I spoke with some guys at the range and they said i need a stronger recoil spring.

Is this common with aftermarket slides?

Thanks for the help.
View Quote

Is it cycling without the optic mounted?
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
And this is on a factory frame?

No, a stronger spring is not the answer.  There is some issue of fitment somewhere.

OEM parts inslide, or other?  OEM barrel?
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Swenson slide , strike imdustries slide parts , factory barrel . On a factory gen 3 frame .

I havent tried it without the optic .
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By irishklover:

View Quote

You may not need another spring.  Double check the firing pin safety spring.  If it's a little off, kinked, or gets caught up in that little hole, the firing pin safety won't move up and down freely and can cause out of battery issues.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Could also be too long of an optic screw on the right side, making contact with the extractor spring. This stops the cartridge from sliding up the breech face
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the slide cerakoted? A lot of cerakoted slides will need a break in period before they will reliably go I to battery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top