Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2024 10:53:50 PM EDT
I have a lot of light primer strikes and the bolt binds just before closing and just before opening.

Tried different ammo still had the same problem.

Tried vorqurtsen firing pin and extractor still same problem

Tried a mk iii bolt which was loose in action and improved

Do not ask me to call ruger I have spent a week calling and leaving messages with no response.

What do you think the problem is.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nate19] [#1]
@ronin556

Does it have the factory rail on the top? Did you recently screw with it or mount an optic? If I remember correctly, one of those screws comes through the rail and down into the receiver. ETA: The rail mount screw closest to the rear sight of the gun protrudes into the upper receiver and my guess is that’s what is binding up your bolt. Pull the bolt back and lock it open. Shine a flashlight in there. If you see a few threads of a screw poking through, carefully back that screw out, clean it, clean the hole, place a small dab of blue Loctite, and reinsert. I don’t have the torque spec for that screw off hand but don’t over do it.

Also, I have no clue how you’re having any trouble getting someone at Ruger on the horn. I’ve dealt with them a handful of times and they are always quick to respond and done basically anything that I’ve asked of them, including sending me lots of expensive parts for me to troubleshoot myself with instead of shipping a full gun back to them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW thank you for the advice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ronin556:
WOW thank you for the advice.
View Quote

@ronin556

Did that work for you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top