Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2023 8:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter8282]
Does that shiny spot on the left hand side of the slide look normal to you?  It's not there on the right hand side.

I had sent it back to SA because there was also finish issues on the rear sight.  That was replaced, but they said the shiny area on the slide is normal due to cycling of the slide.  However, it was shiny like that straight from SA before I even started shooting it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Factory gun, not uncommon.  How’s it shoot?
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Very common. Don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Factory gun, not uncommon.  How’s it shoot?
View Quote

So far really good!
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:59:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VLODPG] [#5]
Normal, now go out and shoot it more! BTW, I love mine.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#6]
How the heck did you ever get one of those things?  I have had one on order for close to two years.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mindless:
How the heck did you ever get one of those things?  I have had one on order for close to two years.
View Quote

Just happened to find it online at Molly's.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#8]
@Hunter8282

What is Molly's? A local chain?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 8:06:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter8282] [#9]
Originally Posted By pctech:
@Hunter8282

What is Molly's? A local chain?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying?

Thanks!
View Quote

@pctech

Molly's Place

I don't know how but I got it for $649.99.  There's was MI sales tax added, but shipping was free. I bought it as soon as I saw it.

ETA:100% happy with Molly's Place.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Mindless:
View Quote

I got mine about 4-5 months ago for $699. It helps to have a FFL buddy who you used to work for...................  
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:20:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: clickclickBOOM] [#11]
I’ve been looking too. I just happened to find a display one at Academy Friday. It’s pretty nice. The safety works fine, but I would prefer a more positive click, it’s so quiet. I just ordered some mags. Mine has the silver line on the left side too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Someone got a deal on the EE last night. I saw it in time to purchase, but just picked up something else and need to replenish the gun fund.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/WTS-Springfield-SA-35-Unfired-600-00-Shipped/88-2363476/
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]
June 2023. This gun is a piece of shit. Mine has no audible or tactile trigger reset and SA returned it to me with a single sentence that this is “normal” for SA’s shitty new proprietary trigger. One would think that SA would have enough self respect to design a new trigger that at least wasn’t a POS that I need to send to C&S or MK3 for a $500 trigger job in order to get an audible or tactile reset. Then, the sharp edges on this crappy and poorly finished too small beaver tail isn’t helpful either. No hammer bite, but the sharp edges will cut you nonetheless. It’s NOT a reliable firearm.  I have no less than 7 Springfields, including a variety of 1911s and some polymer wonders. SA, on this one, you done us the fucks. And now, I’m going to go trade mine in on anything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top