Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2024 11:31:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH]
I’ve noticed a few times when closing the cylinder it would rotate past one chamber before lock up. But it doesn’t spit lead and never skips a chamber when firing

Today I fired the first round and it locked up. Got it open and inspected the ammo. No high primers or oversized rims. Functioned normally the rest of the session.

What would cause this?

I’m thinking I’ll send it in to be checked out. It shoots high & left so maybe they can clock the barrel and replace the front sight while they have it

Update: cleaning it did not help. Sent it back to Ruger on 8-26-24 for inspection

Update: on its way back 8-30-24 ruger “repaired barrel and adjusted barrel gap”
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Gummy guts syndrome, take apart, clean it, lube with appropriate lube.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My experience with the SP101 is you really need to keep them clean.  Especially around the forcing cone and cylinder face.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Loose ejector rod?
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]
99%of my revolver jams were due to unburnt powder under the ejector star.
Caused very hard trigger pull or need to resort to single action,after one round was fired it usually did fine until empty.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I finally got it tore apart. Gave it a look while deep cleaning. No obvious problems.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Took it to the range again. First 5 rounds no problem. Second round of next cylinder binded a little. Then fired 25 more with no problems.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Going back to Ruger . They charged me $45 for shipping
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:23:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH] [#8]
It’s on its way back to me invoice says

Repaired: Barrel

Adjusted: Barrel gap

Does that mean they replaced the barrel and adjusted the cylinder gap?
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StevenH:

View Quote

They could have replaced the barrel completely or they could have just recut the forcing cone and opened up the barrel to cylinder gap a few thousands.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

They could have replaced the barrel completely or they could have just recut the forcing cone and opened up the barrel to cylinder gap a few thousands.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fxntime:
Originally Posted By StevenH:

True. Though I complained about it shooting high with everything heavier than 110 grain ammo and left with all ammo types.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top