Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 5:38:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BePhreed]
As the title states, I am seeking suggestions for wood grips cut for ambidextrous safety wing. I prefer full checkering, similar to the example pictured below. Thanks in advance.

ETA: I found a set. For those who may be interested, Ahrends and Herrett's offer what I was looking for.

host pics
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:12:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#1]
Looks like you already found your answer, but my go-to for custom wood grips is Wood Caliber. They made me a beautiful set of full checkered government cut cocobolo grips for my Loaded Springfield with the safety tang, and offer options for all ambi safety types.

Unfortunately they no longer offer cocobolo. Not sure why, but I assume it has to do with some sort of new CITES bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
When I was searching for grips for my old RIA I just gave up and ordered what I wanted and just used a sanding drum on a dremel to make them match and all was good. If you take your time you can never tell it was modified.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:32:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#3]
I was going to suggest Herrett's.  Ahrends is gone per the website.  I've though about contacting SA to see if I could get some of the grips that come on the PRO, just never got around to it.  I'm also a fan of Les Baer grips, as they're a little wider and cover more of the frame.  And they can be ordered with the ambi cut.

These are LB's.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC Herrett makes Les Baer grips
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AK-12:
IIRC Herrett makes Les Baer grips
View Quote

I think it's VZ now.  Maybe the old ones with the LB engine logo were Herretts?
Top Top