Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2024 6:36:57 PM EDT
I've got about 400 rounds through an Echelon that I bought in early May. Function is 100 percent, but the guide rod seems a little lightweight. Should I get a spare or one of the stainless upgrades?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Glocks use plastic guide rods?

What is the concern with using a plastic guide rod?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any Glocks. The XD line of pistols have metal rods. Just asking.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
100% non-issue being plastic.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
There's no shame in adding one either

(equipment exchange)
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I replaced mine with the Apex steel guide rod.  Quite a bit heavier.  There was nothing wrong with my plastic one but I like to mess with stuff.  I did notice a reduction in recoil, but nothing super crazy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 9:35:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Czechers] [#7]
It's been a while since I've owned a Glock but the Echelon rod seems a lot thicker than the 3 Glocks I've had.  I liked the all metal dual system in the XD and thought Echelon would have the same but this may be the trade off for getting the bore axis lower. Only plastic guide rod I ever had break was a gen 1 Sigma...sold to me by S&W rep when they first came out...was told it would be the American Glock... Guide Rod broke, front sight fell off, and not a single mag would feed every round.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top