Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2023 10:42:57 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me if the EMP Ronin 9mm pistol takes a special mag? Will the Wilson Combat 47 series mags work in it?

I ask because I saw a video review and the reviewer used the the words “special slim magazines” when he was talking

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
From the Springfield website:

"Rather than simply shortening the barrel and slide like most compact 1911 pistols, the EMP also shortens the frame and action . In fact, the pistol features 11 proprietary parts distinct from a standard 1911 as a result of this adaptation. The end result is a pistol with a reduced grip radius for both enhanced comfort and concealability.​ Proprietary parts include the frame, slide, firing pin, firing pin spring, extractor, ejector, trigger, plunger tube, plunger tube assembly, grips and magazine."
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Ronin EMP. Great gun I highly recommend it. It does take a proprietary magazine. Where most all other 1911 9mm single stacks use a "filler" in the back of a full size 1911 magazine the EMP uses a magazine sized for the 9mm. Thus the magazine and the grip are noticeably shorter front to back. Feels great in the hand and shoots like a laser.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By docslester:
I have a Ronin EMP. Great gun I highly recommend it. It does take a proprietary magazine. Where most all other 1911 9mm single stacks use a "filler" in the back of a full size 1911 magazine the EMP uses a magazine sized for the 9mm. Thus the magazine and the grip are noticeably shorter front to back. Feels great in the hand and shoots like a laser.
View Quote

How about holster fittment?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an old leather Colt Commander holster (that I actually used for an old .40 "Starvel" Firestar. remember them?) with the adjustment screw tightened about all the way down. I THINK it's a Galco. It fits well after I put the pistol in it and left it there while storing it between the mattress/box spring for a month. Read about that on here actually and it worked pretty well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top