[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Rail mounted light...ICQB?
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 1:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#3]
Originally Posted By JSGlock34:

The "MARSOC: U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations Command" book p.107 has a pic of M-45 pistol with Surefire MR07 rail mount & X300 on it. The other M-45 pistol pic in the same page shown Caspian frame with Springfield slide.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been answered, but I'm building a MEUSOC clone and the pistol needs refinishing. I want to do it myself, so I'm thinking of something like a Gun Kote finish. I know most real MEUSOCs will be beat to hell, but with that said, what would be the closest to the finish a new MEUSOC might have––matte black, gun metal blue, or something else?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Featheredmafia:
Sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been answered, but I'm building a MEUSOC clone and the pistol needs refinishing. I want to do it myself, so I'm thinking of something like a Gun Kote finish. I know most real MEUSOCs will be beat to hell, but with that said, what would be the closest to the finish a new MEUSOC might have––matte black, gun metal blue, or something else?

Thanks.

Traditional parkerized finish.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#6]
how much dose it cost to put one of these together
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mlin:

The "MARSOC: U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations Command" book p.107 has a pic of M-45 pistol with Surefire MR07 rail mount & X300 on it. The other M-45 pistol pic in the same page shown Caspian frame with Springfield slide.

mlin, based on this would i be way off base to try to change/build my operator to an ICQB? honestly?
tia
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 2:23:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#8]
I personally like the way my MC Operator as is. If I were you I would no mod the Operator. You never know whether MC Operator will become the new M-45 pistol after the trial completed. Get a Caspian frame and Springfield slide would give you a perfect replica. Or just settle with Springfield Loaded and change out a few small parts would do too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 5:39:56 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 6:57:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Can't believe I never tagged this before.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Is the Springfield operator MC a good starter build for one of these...
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Is the Springfield operator MC a good starter build for one of these...

I think most folks are starting with a Springfield Mil-Spec or Loaded to create a MEU(SOC) clone.  The vast majority of pistols in service have standard dust covers (no rails).  

That said, right now the Springfield MC Operator is one of the two pistols (the other being the Colt Rail Gun) that is competing for the M45 pistol contract with the USMC.  This pistol will be used to equip MARSOC units.  So it is possible that the MC Operator may become the USMC standard 1911.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#13]
OK, now lets see some more pics.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 4:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#14]
Originally Posted By accurange:
that is perfection!!!!!!!! did you supply the sights?? or did the custom shop make them? and are the last 4 digits of the serial number stamped on top of the clark beavertail safety?  please give us a range report!!!!  that meusoc is sweet!!!!!!

Range report for my replica. Photo show16 rounds on the target @ 20 yards. Total 100 rounds Magtech 230gr FMJ through flawlessly using Wlison and Les Baer mags. Very smooth pistol and worth every penny I spent on the Springfield Custom build. The only compliant I have is the serrated front sight. No easy to see at low light condition. I will probably add bright orange paint on the front for faster target acquisition.

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice shooting!

I'm not far behind you Mlin-

I'm still up in the air about FCS on mine. I like them
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 1:02:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#16]
I won't mind build another one with FCS too if I get all the parts needed.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Where is the best place to find a springfield slide and a kings ambi safety?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 3:06:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Clay54961:

This. I'm pretty interested myself. I'm going to try and get some insight from my brother who happens to be a MARSOC operator.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ConKeeper:

This. I'm pretty interested myself. I'm going to try and get some insight from my brother who happens to be a MARSOC operator.

probably a whole lot cheaper for you than the rest of us!
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Im a late bloomer to the 1911, but I've always been a fan of the TRP and professional . I think a good starting pistol for this project would be the MC Operator.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Im a late bloomer to the 1911, but I've always been a fan of the TRP and professional . I think a good starting pistol for this project would be the MC Operator.

The MEUSOC pistols do not have a railed frame.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#22]
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/cxl17/real.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/cxl17/real2.jpg

Is the one on the right a Mil spec with added front sight serrations?  

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ConKeeper:

Haha, maybe! I doubt he would risk that career on swiping parts for me though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By alias2:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/cxl17/real.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/cxl17/real2.jpg

Is the one on the right a Mil spec with added front sight serrations?  

That one had USGI WWII frame and SA Milspec slide with classic slate serration. Springfield has been the supplier of slide for MEUSOC pistol since earlier day. Over that long period of time, you can see differnt variants of 1911 slides used. Front the older pre-Milspec slide without FCS to Milspec slide that has lower and flare ejector portion, and added on FCS, and to the Loaded style serrations in most recent variant of M45.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Just to clarify - and as someone who owns a Loaded-based clone and is working on a Milspec based clone -

Commercial Springfield Armory slides and pistols use a .38 Super style firing pin while the MEU(SOC) .45, and all drawings, specs, and parts lists associated call for a "standard" .45 firing pin.

As far as I know, with the possible exception of the very earliest MEU(SOC) .45s that might have used "straight" COTS Springfield slides (though, IIRC, earlier Springfields used .45 FPs as well), MEU(SOC) .45s use a firing pin configuration that would be very difficult to get in a commercial based Springfield Armory pistol unless you had it build from the ground up by the Custom Shop.  

The earliest MEU(SOC) .45 manual that I've seen is dated 1994, though the configuration existed prior to that, the configuration was probably "solidified" around that time.  For whoever commented on the fact that it's spec'ed to use '70's era IPSC parts - you're not far from right!    The parts that were decided on and have not significantly changed since then were what were considered to be the highest quality "proven" parts twenty-odd years ago!  

Only a very few seem to have been built with vertical serrations - as far as front cocking serrations go, MEU(SOC) .45s have been documented with none, with Springfield factory "classic" Milspec-style serrations, Loaded style serrations, as well as serrations cut by PWS which are usually cut shorter than factory serrations - they end before the slide meets the dustcover - unlike Springfield factory serrations.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 7:52:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blackta6] [#26]
Here's my rendition of the MEUSOC (V1):

Norinco frame/slide - $350.00
King's Ambi Thumb Safety - $75.00
Trigger - $24.00
Colt Ignition parts - $85.00
Pachmayer Grips - $25.00
Millet sights - $40.00
Ed Brown Beavertail

Sucks that I couldn't find the right sights, but they are close. Finished putting on the front sight last night. Today was a very nice day so I took it to the range and fired 200 rnds through it. At 5 yrds I blew out the X ring on a B27 target in 16 rnds. As soon as I figure out how to get the pic off my phone I will post it up. Now I just need to stamp the serial number.

ETA: guess my memory of targets were better than reality. Still shot pretty well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Blackta6, where did you find Pachmayr grips without the Pachmayr round Crest?
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 12:07:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blackta6] [#28]

Lawdog - I honestly have no idea where I got the grips. I have been gathering parts from gunbroker to the EE on many different gunboards.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Lawdog-1:

Or the King ambi TS?
I have the un crested Pach panels from wraparounds and a King TS on my Series 70 but it was built in the 70's, now it's a classic.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Or the King ambi TS?

I bought one of the few King's ambi TS's from this add. Guy didn't have many left and had to cut the pads down from the wide style.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#31]
The King #203  single thats on my gun is totally gone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Doesn't the SA Loaded come with fixed Novak rear sight?  Looking on SA website it shows all the Loadeds with adjustable targets.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Doesn't the SA Loaded come with fixed Novak rear sight?  Looking on SA website it shows all the Loadeds with adjustable targets.

The SA Loaded Parkerized comes with fixed Trijicon night sights.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alias2] [#34]

Did that start off as a SA Loaded, ?  specifically the slide cuts and if not are they custom as they look more pronounced and more spaced than stock. I like it.

That one is a photo I found online. It is an actual MEU pistol with USGI frame and Springfield Loaded slide. I believe the slide is exactly like the one used on Loaded.

Man, I gotta ask again about this slide as it's the Loaded of my dreams.  The Loadeds I see have finer, more numerous threads for cocking slide serrations.  
I like the wider spaced nine front serrations like in the pic.  Where can I get a Loaded with that type serrations?

Link Posted: 4/21/2012 3:53:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#35]

That one is a photo I found online. It is an actual MEU pistol with USGI frame and Springfield Loaded slide. I believe the slide is exactly like the one used on Loaded.

Man, I gotta ask again about this slide as it's the Loaded of my dreams.  The Loadeds I see have finer, more numerous threads for cocking slide serrations.  
I like the wider spaced nine front serrations like in the pic.  Where can I get a Loaded with that type serrations?

[/quote]
I can not tell the difference you are referring to. My Loaded has the same serration as that Ithaca MEUSOC pistol.

Link Posted: 4/21/2012 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#36]
What's the magazine of choice here for these ?
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#37]

I can not tell the difference you are referring to. My Loaded has the same serration as that Ithaca MEUSOC pistol.
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r600/mlin1911/IMG_5596m.jpg
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r600/mlin1911/MEUSOCithaca.jpg[/quote]

Thanks for clearing this up for me.  Looking at the Loaded in the SA website you are right, there are only nine front serrations so now I can tell my LGS to call me when more arrive and not be surprised with a Loaded with the finer, more LPI  forwad facing serrations like on the rear of a Mil spec.

However, looking at the SA website I also see all the Loadeds have adjustable target sights.  I thought they came with the fixed Novak style?  If I order a Loaded are adjustable sights something I'm going to have to replace?

Link Posted: 4/21/2012 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#38]
SA website I also see all the Loadeds have adjustable target sights.  I thought they came with the fixed Novak style?  If I order a Loaded are adjustable sights something I'm going to have to replace?

This is the one you want. PX9109LP
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=PX9109LP
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#39]
SA website I also see all the Loadeds have adjustable target sights.  I thought they came with the fixed Novak style?  If I order a Loaded are adjustable sights something I'm going to have to replace?

This is the one you want. PX9109LP
http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=PX9109LP

Hey thanks!   I'll trade my Kimber II + some $$ for that.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2012 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#40]

I believe the issue magazine is the Wilson 47D.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By OceanOne:

Issue is still a seven round magazine - Wilson 47.  

Of course, many are seen with personally bought Wilson or McCormick 10 rounders, and probably many 47Ds are out there, too.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 11:35:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyG] [#42]

Originally Posted By Augee:

Originally Posted By OceanOne:

Issue is still a seven round magazine - Wilson 47.  

Of course, many are seen with personally bought Wilson or McCormick 10 rounders, and probably many 47Ds are out there, too.  

~Augee

The best deal I've ever found on Wilson 10 rd mags, was at the Marine Corps Exchange in Quantico. $24.95/ea, and they had a bunch in stock.

It was a while ago. But ... there may be a correlation there...

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 5/6/2012 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Funny, I just got mine too.  Only the package says 'Drop-in' but there is a piece of paper inside that essentially says it is not drop in and requires gunsmith fitting.  Has anyone installed one of these?
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 3:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtb0311] [#46]

Funny, I just got mine too.  Only the package says 'Drop-in' but there is a piece of paper inside that essentially says it is not drop in and requires gunsmith fitting.  Has anyone installed one of these?

I did once.  My 1911 went full auto, so I went back to the original sear, now it's fine.
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By jtb0311:

I did once.  My 1911 went full auto, so I went back to the original sear, now it's fine.

Okay then...gunsmith it is.  Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#48]
mlin, where did you find those two photos ? I would love to see more.
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#49]
mlin, where did you find those two photos ? I would love to see more.

http://www.marines.mil/news/Pages/photos.aspx?sortExpr=PhotoDateTaken&sortDir=DESC&pageIndex=0&FirstRow=0
http://www.defenseimagery.mil/imagery.html
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 72
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top