Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2018 5:55:34 AM EDT
I'm looking to pick up one of the compact pistols above to go with my HK45T, namely to be easier to carry in the warmer months.

I was looking at the specs online and the USP Compact 45 appears to have some smaller dimensions than the HK45C (Overall height/width) and was curious if anyone out there owns both and has any photos comparing the two.

I'm honestly alright with going for either pistol, as I know my 10 round magazines will work in both. Part of me does find the blockish design of the USP a bit appealing, since I already have the modern design.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking to pick up one of the compact pistols above to go with my HK45T, namely to be easier to carry in the warmer months.

I was looking at the specs online and the USP Compact 45 appears to have some smaller dimensions than the HK45C (Overall height/width) and was curious if anyone out there owns both and has any photos comparing the two.

I'm honestly alright with going for either pistol, as I know my 10 round magazines will work in both. Part of me does find the blockish design of the USP a bit appealing, since I already have the modern design.
View Quote
I've owned both and they weren't noticeably different to me.  I'd go with the newer design.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Hk45c carries slightly better. The USPc is a classic.
I carry a USPc .40. I like it so much I bought another one. They are tanks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hk45c carries slightly better. The USPc is a classic.
I carry a USPc .40. I like it so much I bought another one. They are tanks.
View Quote
Interesting, what makes the HK45c carry slightly better, despite having on paper larger dimensions?

I agree, the USPc is a classic. Ultimately it would be fun to get both but for the time being I'm limiting myself to one or the other. Will be parting ways with a 226 Legion of mine for this as I find I'm actually enjoying 45ACP a bit more than 9mm these days and I can always fall back on my P30L for 9mm use.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a few USPs in 45 including a compact.  I bought a USPc 9mm to carry though. The capacity difference between it and the 45 is petty significant IMO, 13+1 vs 8+1 with flush fit mags. If I’m going to limit myself to the 45c mag cap, why not just carry the much thinner 1911?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I’m going to limit myself to the 45c mag cap, why not just carry the much thinner 1911?
View Quote
Because HK does not make a 1911.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I’m going to limit myself to the 45c mag cap, why not just carry the much thinner 1911?
Touché. Shame, isn’t it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#7]
According to Vickers, HK was not going to make a 1911, since the market was flooded with them.  I've ran a 1911 and a 45C side by side for 500 rounds each.  The 1911 slide starts to slow down when the oil starts to dry up.  45C keeps going and going.

45C has a tapered slide as compared to the USPc.  45C has a pic rail.  Both of mine were accurate.  If you can get a good price on A USPc, for it.  Otherwise get the 45C.  HK recently dropped their price around six bills for the P30 and HK45C series.

If you are worried about capacity, carry more spare mags.  I carry for two reloads in addition to the gun.    I also carry the same set up in 9mm.

Can you take care of business with (8 x 3 +1 or 8, 10 x 2 +1) 24/29 rds of .45.  I'm in a profession, where I have to engage and stay engage until help arrives.  If you're not in the same profession, you don't need to stay and duke it out.  It's show and go for most people.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interesting, what makes the HK45c carry slightly better, despite having on paper larger dimensions?

I agree, the USPc is a classic. Ultimately it would be fun to get both but for the time being I'm limiting myself to one or the other. Will be parting ways with a 226 Legion of mine for this as I find I'm actually enjoying 45ACP a bit more than 9mm these days and I can always fall back on my P30L for 9mm use.
View Quote
Nothing about Hk's advertised measurements ever made sense to me. Either measured to the outside of the surfboard sized slide lever or misprints. The Hk45c carries like a Sig 228, slide is tapered and radiused more than the USPc , slide and safety levers are more compact than the USPs too. The slicker sides make the 45c a little nicer on clothing and skin. But the USPc isn't terrible. The USPc trigger is very slightly better, not enough for me to dislike the HK45c.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, how important is accuracy to you? My USP Compact was the gun I used in informal bullseye matches. I always got beat by a guy with a $2500 Wilson Combat though. (I've since gotten a pair of Les Baers.)

But the USP Compact will out-shoot it's full-sized big brothers. Don't know why it be like that, but it do. (Someone needs to make a meme on that. )
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the input all, ended up going for an HK45CT.

Will be picking it up Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Solid gun.  You'll be happy.  Mine has been very quiet and accurate suppressed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a feeling you'll be right. The main reason I went with it is due to the price reduction for the HK45 line, was able to find it for a fairly cheap price, after losing out on a USPCT 45 on here.

This also makes more sense as I'll be looking at the entirely same sight/slide design between my HK45T and HK45CT, just shorter sight radius.

I do want to pick up a USPC sometime, as well as a full size USP but they will have to wait a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have a feeling you'll be right. The main reason I went with it is due to the price reduction for the HK45 line, was able to find it for a fairly cheap price, after losing out on a USPCT 45 on here.

This also makes more sense as I'll be looking at the entirely same sight/slide design between my HK45T and HK45CT, just shorter sight radius.

I do want to pick up a USPC sometime, as well as a full size USP but they will have to wait a little bit.
View Quote
I also have the HK45T and they are great, hence the compact one.  Had a USP 45 Tactical and USPc in .45.  You're not missing much.  You'll have the improved product version of the USP line.

Also have a FN 45 Tactical with a rmr.  Wished HK would offer a rmr version.  16 rounds of .45 is hard to argue with.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Great choice congrats
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Think this might be a full US build, save for the barrel. There are no import markings on the slide, no SN on the slide and the SN on the left side of the barrel doesn't match the SN of the frame but does have a DE marking.

Frame also is marked "Made in USA". Buddy of mine has a much older 45C with a made in USA frame but the slide still had SN and other identifying markings on it.

Shot of it next to its big brother.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top