Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/27/2024 5:24:10 PM EDT
I’ve had my VP9 for about 3 years. If I use a thumb forward grip I constantly hit the slide lock lever with my firing hand thumb. The only way i can keep from doing it is to cross my firing hand thumb over the knuckle of my support hand. Anyone else have this problem? Or am i just lucky?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot lefty with pistol.
Mine wasn't locking open on the last round so I cut part of the ambi slide release off and hasn't done it since.
I really like it now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
You shoot lefty? Needed to change my grip slightly on the VP9.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tekdev01:
You shoot lefty? Needed to change my grip slightly on the VP9.
View Quote

No I shoot righty
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a similar issue.  Adding the Align Tactical Gas Pedal helped a bit.  It allowed my support thumb to ride a little higher, which in turn pushed my firing thumb up and out of the way a bit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, doesn’t look like it matters now. My VP9 turned into a Beretta. Oh well… lol
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top