Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2024 1:39:03 AM EDT
I would like to get a spare 45 frame and just use it on my 19x upper.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
$299.99 complete

I don't see anyone else selling complete frames in stock.  Glock reportedly is cracking down on dealers buying Glocks just to disassemble and part out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless you can snag a used one on the EE or similar, you'll be paying $2-400 depending on if you want a stripped or complete frame.  Might as well just get another pistol and follow the 2 is 1 rule at that price.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you can snag a used one on the EE or similar, you'll be paying $2-400 depending on if you want a stripped or complete frame.  Might as well just get another pistol and follow the 2 is 1 rule at that price.
View Quote

Or sell the slide.  I've sold two G45 slides for around $300-325 (IIRC).  

Frames I sold for $220-250.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#4]
$300ish on GB. As mentioned, you might be better off buying the
pistol and breaking it up. Prices are reasonable if you're patient. My son got a NIB 10mm Glock for <$500 yesterday so some deals are out there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Big tex ordnance sometimes sells frames.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve bought frames off gunbroker and have used PSA Dagger and Combat Armory Gen 3 frames.   I’ve also ordered parts from Big Tex Ordnance and they were gtg.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Big tex ordnance sometimes sells frames.
View Quote

Have they had any frames in the last year? I know they used to be a great source for cheap frames but I think Glock stopped selling to them as well as other dealers who are buying guns just to strip.  

Unfortunately, by time I was interested in buying frame only, big tex had already long been sold out.

Surprisingly, Glock store is sending out emails for stripped frames on sale this weekend. Unfortunately, no G45 frames.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
While not OEM Glock, other options are the Lone Wolf timberwolf frames as well as the Nomad.  They both sell frames that are G19 slide G17 magazine compatible.  

There's also a timber wolf frame that replicates a G49, except it uses a genuine G17 slide with a G19 magazine (perfect for all of the inexpensive Gen 3 G17 slides and barrels in the aftermarket).
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Can a 45 upper fit a gen 3 frame o4 a dagger frame?
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not without modifying the dust cover of the Gen 3 frame to fit.  

I've seen several people who have done that to the dagger frames recently.  You're obviously screwing the warranty, but it's also a $50 complete lower so not a huge deal if it breaks.  I don't know if I would depend on it for serious use.

I've honestly never seen anybody modify an OEM Glock Gen 3 frame to fit a Gen 4 or Gen 5 slide. They're worth too much to risk screwing up.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I've bought multiple frames and slides from Black Phoenix. Always super quick and easy to work.with. large selection too
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ve bought a couple stripped frames from glockstore.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’ve bought a couple stripped frames from glockstore.
View Quote

That's not a bad price from there. Gunbroker prices are insane.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've seen several people who have done that to the dagger frames recently.  You're obviously screwing the warranty, but it's also a $50 complete lower so not a huge deal if it breaks.  I don't know if I would depend on it for serious use.

I've honestly never seen anybody modify an OEM Glock Gen 3 frame to fit a Gen 4 or Gen 5 slide. They're worth too much to risk screwing up.

View Quote

I cut a gen3 17 frame to take gen4 slides. It was super easy and I had snagged a handful of frames for around $60 each years ago.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I'm interested, I have a gen 4 Zev slide I got on clearance a few years back, but can't find a gen5 19 or 45 frame to put it on.

Modifying a Dagger frame that is far easier to find...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top