Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2024 7:39:56 PM EDT
My wife would like a pretty specific "cute" gun. Silver and pearl, maybe engraved? The Heritage Barkeep boot pretty well fits thd bill but I'd like to hear you goons thoughts on options I may not know of. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Stainless TBA  Sicario , pearl grips or ivory simulation and engraved …….
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
You'd probably get more replies if you corrected the title to something intelligent; this is tech, not GD.  Most people, like me, probably clicked on it to see how goofy the post was and if the join date met our expectations (correct on both counts).

If she's just looking for something cheap to plink with then yes, by most accounts the Heritage may meet those requirements although a model with an ejector rod would be a better choice, i.e. one of the Rough Rider models.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to everybody for their constructive input, what would this forum be without you?
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 1:45:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov] [#4]
A .22 Rimfire is a good first gun for any shooter, man or woman, child or adult. It allows them to concentrate on developing skills without fighting recoil. Lots of fun, too!

The Heritage revolvers seem to keep ticking along pretty well. Member “shotar” has a brief 500 round review of his in the Rimfire Pistols sub-forum.

My only advice is to make sure SHE is included in the selection process. Many a guy has tried to choose a perfect gun for a woman. MOST fail, miserably.

Other candidates:

Ruger Wrangler
Ruger Mk.4
Taurus TX22 (not MY first choice but they have a following)
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Another thing to consider with this kind of pistol, would she like a plow or birdshead type of handgrip? They're really different in how they fit the hand and be comfortable while having control.

The Barkeep does come with shorter barrels of around 3.5" to I believe 6" if wanted, compared to the regular Rough Riders that start around 4.75" and go up to 16", but either one, the owner can change out the handgrip frames to have either style, as they all are interchangable.

What's nice, is one can get a different grip frame, directly from Heritage for about $30-$40 or so.

I wish Ruger had different handgrip frames (brass, stainless, case-color) and colored cylinders to purchase on the cheap like Heritage does, to really bling out my Ruger Super Wrangler Convertible (22LR and 22Mag).

I know Wrangler's grip frame will interchange with the Super Six and I believe a Blackhawk model, but finding either one's parts is about as expensive as what my SW cost me back in March. But, one can't get the cylinder's from Ruger and have a drop-in, as they're hand fitted and just slightly different in timing, or something that's different, as some owner's have found when trying to convert their standard Wrangler to 22Mag cylinder that they've purchased from a Super Six model on Ebay.

Link Posted: 8/14/2024 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
But her a Pink one, iirc s&w, glock, Beretta, bond arms among others etc make them
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#7]
In revolvers ha4d to find and expensive but a nickel or stainless engraved S&W J frame.
In semi auto I think ruger made some gussied up mark 4’s.
In old classics ( my preference) you can sometime come across an older engraved colt woodsman
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 7:19:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#8]
I agree let the women pick their own firearm.   I bought a birds head grip Ruger Wrangler that is really good for people with smaller hands.   I personally like the Wrangler better than the single action revolvers with a safety like the rough rider or bar keep but still relatively inexpensive.

Wrangler handguns are Cerakote and available in many colors from various distributors special.

https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top