Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2023 5:42:59 PM EDT
$10.50@ Amazon.  Really impressed so far with these. Just feels like a mild stippling job on plastic, not rubbery. Application went well with heat gun and they were cut very well.  I stippled the front strap on mine a while back and the grips adhered very well even to that area. The area behind the takedown latch in my pics is actually 3M Safety Step though as i wanted something more aggressive for my left thumb.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Those look exactly like the Talon grips, I have them on all my pistols. I prefer the rubber over the sandpaper option.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip!
found it on eBay for $7 shipped.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rugby3:
Those look exactly like the Talon grips, I have them on all my pistols. I prefer the rubber over the sandpaper option.
View Quote

Maybe @wganz can chime in when he gets his but these don't feel like rubber at all, more like stippled plastic but flexible enough to conform to the contours with a heat gun when applied.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Czechers:

Maybe @wganz can chime in when he gets his but these don't feel like rubber at all, more like stippled plastic but flexible enough to conform to the contours with a heat gun when applied.
View Quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192366425483

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rugby3:

Interesting, here's a shot of the Talon's on my XDm45C.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]
They are meh ...

The best ones for the XD platform is Powder River Precision ...
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
They are meh ...

View Quote

Okay. How much and why?
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Okay. How much and why?
View All Quotes
They are meh ...

Okay. How much and why?

Listed for $18.95.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wganz:

Listed for $18.95.
View All Quotes
They are meh ...

Okay. How much and why?

Listed for $18.95.

Coming in and dropping "they are better" is a GD thing. What makes them better?
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 5:44:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wganz] [#10]
Coming in and dropping "they are better" is a GD thing. What makes them better?
View Quote

Part of the question was “how much” and posted the answer since I saw them while on PRP’s web site.
Was not the one that stated they were better.

Ordered from eBay, the other brand of grips for the XD subcompact & tracking indicates delivery tomorrow.
thehun06 said they were better gives an explanation so that these could be included in the XDM parts order if significant improvement.

Hopefully, this clarifies things for you

Best regards,
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Part of the question was “how much” and posted the answer since I saw them while on PRP’s web site.
Was not the one that stated they were better.

Ordered from eBay, the other brand of grips for the XD subcompact & tracking indicates delivery tomorrow.
thehun06 said they were better gives an explanation so that these could be included in the XDM parts order if significant improvement.

Hopefully, this clarifies things for you

Best regards,
View Quote

Sorry, i was lazy posting. Maybe he'll add something
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#12]

Okay. How much and why?
View All Quotes
They are meh ...

Okay. How much and why?

Their fit and finish is better ... I use their sandpaper variant from Powder River ... several classes ... the grips haven't moved ...

Traction Grips and others have moved under use for me ... Powder's have not ... and yes I know how to install them ... PRP's grips are the best in the business for the XD platform ... sadly I think the XD platform days are number with the Echelon release ...
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sublimeon24s] [#13]
i ordered PRP extreme grips a few days ago for my new XDM elite compact b/c of the split up pre cut pieces so i can use only what i want. that said, ive dealt with don at traction grips for a decade, have had them on all (3) of my original XDM's back in 2010 as well as some custom applications, and the fit was always perfect. they all stayed on through a few thousand rounds per gun without issues
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 8:12:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sublimeon24s] [#14]
installed the PRP today and im very impressed with the detail and precise fit, they look amazing

PRP grips XDM elite
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 10:35:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Czechers] [#15]

Their fit and finish is better ... I use their sandpaper variant from Powder River ... several classes ... the grips haven't moved ...

Traction Grips and others have moved under use for me ... Powder's have not ... and yes I know how to install them ... PRP's grips are the best in the business for the XD platform ... sadly I think the XD platform days are number with the Echelon release ...
View All Quotes

Thanks I appreciate that, I'll be carrying the XD in hot steamy conditions so I'll keep an eye out for movement.  I did hit them with a heatgun, twice to ensure I had a good bond after scrubbing the frame with alcohol.

Originally Posted By Sublimeon24s:
installed the PRP today and im very impressed with the detail and precise fit, they look amazing

PRP grips XDM elite

They've been having crazy sales on the XDM Elite compacts at multiple dealers lately so I can see ending up with one soon. I like how they are cut
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#16]
sadly I think the XD platform days are number with the Echelon release ...
View Quote

Talked to the SA rep at the Echelon release event in Plano and he said that they were going to phase out the XDM line as they get Echelon production ramped up. Except for the 10mm variant is selling really well. I am guessing that the original XD line will be kept for the PRK market since they are already on their list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top