Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2024 9:26:50 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the scandium alloy framed .357 mag j-frames have the same titanium frame pins that the new UC j-frame models by Lipsey are advertising as feature upgrades?

I picked up an M&P 340 for a great price and am wondering what features this model doesn't have that the new UC model does have.  The M&P 340 has a sizeable U notch rear sight cut into the top of the frame which i believe is feature equivalent to the dovetailed U notch sight coming on the UC models.  It has a white XS sight as opposed to the green sight on the UC models.  A plus for the 340 is that it will chamber .357 if I catch a wild hair to embrace the pain.  

I'm not seeing any other real meaningful feature differences between the two models.

Am I missing something?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:01:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheQuadfather] [#1]
The M&P 340 is scandium, has stronger pins, and a stainless blast shield above the cylinder gap to prevent flame cutting.  

It’s the stoutest scandium j frame made.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheQuadfather:
The M&P 340 is scandium, has stronger pins, and a stainless blast shield above the cylinder gap to prevent flame cutting.  

It’s the stoutest scandium j frame made.
View Quote

The UC model's do have titanium pin's.
The Revolver Guy has an interesting 3 part write up on the development, manufacture of the UC model's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top