Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]

I heard it go through Nacogdoches but didn't get to see it go by since they were behind schedule.  

Did get to see it in Lufkin.  

More pics on my ar15 media server but can't figure out how to get them here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent!!!!

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/26/2012 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#3]
It was in cleveland today.
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Taking half the day off on Nov. 1 when it's in downtown Fort Worth.  If anyone else decides to show, please post.
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched it pull into the Houston Amtrak station from my office.  Damn that whistle is LOUD!
Link Posted: 10/26/2012 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I was there with my boys and wife.  They loved it!  I'll post some video.
Link Posted: 11/1/2012 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I dropped by the Fort Worth yard today shortly after it arrived.  There were already about 30 people waiting.  As I was driving in from the other side of downtown, I could hear its whistle from at least 7 blocks away, even with all the buildings between us.  I knew it was here!

One of the guys working said the yard would be open until maybe 7PM tonight I think.  I would highly suggest if you're on the fence about going to see it, do it.  Call in sick, tell the boss you'll be in late, whatever it takes but come and see this piece of history.  Pictures don't begin to do it justice at how absolutely enormous this magnificent machine is.  Hearing the whistle, smelling the exhaust...going back early tomorrow morning and hope that thing steam cleans me as it departs.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top