Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2024 8:24:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 2:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
This is an accident that seems to happen every year at the beach.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Was she wearing a thong? They had to run out and protect and serve her fast.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:

"Cheeky".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By d16man:
Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:
Was she wearing a thong? They had to run out and protect and serve her fast.

"Cheeky".

Well we all remember the last one. Served and protected the shit out of both of them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I lifeguarded at the beach for 9 years (1 at Myrtle) and in that time I saw less than 50 women wearing thongs that actually looked good in them.

One time at MB (near Hurl Rock Park), two ladies that were definitely looking good in them ran out and on to the beach.  I had to go ask them to change or cover-up.
An old guy that had rented the chairs from me saw me walking that way and what was going on, "BOOOOOO our lifeguard sucks, BOOO!"

Also that summer one of the Public Safety guys drove his truck right over the head of a woman.  She survived and wasn't seriously messed up but I forget what all happened.

- At another beach-
One time a woman missing about half her teeth ran up and asked 'Can we wear thongs here?' .
Hungover and early the morning I responded honestly 'Yes'.  With my brain immediately catching up and going "You fool! What have you done?!!"

That lady yelled back to her friend "We can wear them"  
::shuddering at the flashbacks::
-----
One of the old cops in the town and was joking around and mentioned that there were no laws against being topless on the beach.  Not long after that word got to the two stripclubs in town and they all started heading to the beach and going to one stand in the middle of nowhere away from the tourist section of town.

That stand got very popular until the wives of one of the town council walked out onto the beach with her kids and had an absolute fit.

Next town council meeting toplessness and thongs were banned.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]
LE is being very tight-lipped about this incident. Just saying.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:21:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boogerv] [#8]
Wondering where the person set up their stuff.  It is obvious at Myrtle Beach that there is a pathways where the trucks and 4-wheelers are regularly travelling (between the hotels, and the little bits of dune fences) and setting up there would be a dumb idea.

Surely they didn't set up there, but I have seen them doing some amazingly stupid things.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't believe the woman was in the pathway. I could be wrong. HCPD is tight lipped because of litigation that will be coming. I know the driver. He is a solid guy. Regardless if this was his fault or hers, he is going to be messed up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw one story that talked about it. Seems it was a local woman in her 60s that came to the beach often.

There weren’t much details but it sounded like she was sitting or laying there, reading a book. No description of where she was at on the beach.

So sad
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I have heard two different observations. One was she was in the appropriate place. The other was she was in the location of the designated path. Either way, it sucks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, both of these cops were in the wrong. That does not fit the definition of nudity.  Dumbasses.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 1:32:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dsquared_5] [#13]
Originally Posted By aztrooper:
Well, both of these cops were in the wrong. That does not fit the definition of nudity.  Dumbasses.
View Quote

Yeah, but did you write the city code on that? Their (City) definition may be a little more detailed then common acceptance. If it is, then the cops aren't wrong.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:56:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dsquared_5:

Yeah, but did you write the city code on that? Their (City) definition may be a little more detailed then common acceptance. If it is, then the cops aren't wrong.
View Quote
South Carolina law defines nudity.  Didn't meet theirs.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Myrtle Beach has their own codes and laws. Sometimes they get to determine things. I am not sure if they have one for nudity though. They did have a helmet law that was shot down by SCSC. they had to refund everyone they fined.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Myrtle Beach has their own codes and laws. Sometimes they get to determine things. I am not sure if they have one for nudity though. They did have a helmet law that was shot down by SCSC. they had to refund everyone they fined.
View Quote

I thought only one side of myrtle had that. It was only north or south not both. But you dont need one at all anymore there?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Myrtle Beach and North Beach are two separate cities. Myrtle Beach had that law. The helmet law was squashed over 10 years ago.

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Saw where the officer that was driving the truck recently retired.

[url=https://www.yahoo.com/news/horry-county-officer-driving-patrol-200930769.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes he did.....sort of.

He is working for the lifeguards on the private side doing the same job. The guy was well known internationally and taught many skills to people around the world. It was determined that he wasn't at fault and no criminal charges will be brought up. The county may still have a massive lawsuit against them on the civil side.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 2:50:17 AM EDT
[#20]
He is working for the lifeguards on the private side doing the same job. The guy was well known internationally and taught many skills to people around the world. It was determined that he wasn't at fault and no criminal charges will be brought up. The county may still have a massive lawsuit against them on the civil side.
View Quote

Wow, I just saw who this was.  He is a good guy and knew him for a few years but haven't talked to him since before 2000.

He was, I don't know exact titles, up there in the Horry Public Safety and Horry chapter South Atlantic Lifesaving Association (USLA regional).  I don't if he was a gun carrying part of the police department, I never saw him with one, but it may have just been in the truck.  Anytime things looked to get sporty with someone being a a-hole on the beach it was usually one of the more traditionally uniformed LEO that handled it.

I was working on a USLA certification for a small town in another state and he was always available answering questions and helping out, he even came up to our town a few times on his own dime and did some training for us as we had a lot of holes in what we knew and what we needed to learn.  We even became a part of the Horry County chapter as the local member didn't want to be involved with us  - yes, cliques exist in even stuff like that.

The next year I left where I was empployed and went to MB and Duke put in touch with and I was hired on by Lacks/NBS.  I'd assume that is where he is now, but the beach service system was revised after a lawsuit a couple of years back and I don't know how it works now.

-
At the time we were Red Cross/YMCA lifeguarding that didn't apply to open water but it was what was used in most places.   Around 1995 or 1996 the ARC revised their training completely and to put it mildly, made it completely useless for us and in my opinion everything. All the active victim rescues, escapes, approaches were removed from the training and replaced with "here is my foam tube".  Many of the guards we had employed that were trained after this change had some very rough moments after being grabbed by victims - why we approached the USLA.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By boogerv:

Wow, I just saw who this was.  He is a good guy and knew him for a few years but haven't talked to him since before 2000.

He was, I don't know exact titles, up there in the Horry Public Safety and Horry chapter South Atlantic Lifesaving Association (USLA regional).  I don't if he was a gun carrying part of the police department, I never saw him with one, but it may have just been in the truck.  Anytime things looked to get sporty with someone being a a-hole on the beach it was usually one of the more traditionally uniformed LEO that handled it.

I was working on a USLA certification for a small town in another state and he was always available answering questions and helping out, he even came up to our town a few times on his own dime and did some training for us as we had a lot of holes in what we knew and what we needed to learn.  We even became a part of the Horry County chapter as the local member didn't want to be involved with us  - yes, cliques exist in even stuff like that.

The next year I left where I was empployed and went to MB and Duke put in touch with and I was hired on by Lacks/NBS.  I'd assume that is where he is now, but the beach service system was revised after a lawsuit a couple of years back and I don't know how it works now.

-
At the time we were Red Cross/YMCA lifeguarding that didn't apply to open water but it was what was used in most places.   Around 1995 or 1996 the ARC revised their training completely and to put it mildly, made it completely useless for us and in my opinion everything. All the active victim rescues, escapes, approaches were removed from the training and replaced with "here is my foam tube".  Many of the guards we had employed that were trained after this change had some very rough moments after being grabbed by victims - why we approached the USLA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By boogerv:

-

He didn't have a gun. He was a class 3 officer. When the state changed the requirements, HCPD made all class 3's move to Class 1. Duke was offered a modified position.

Top Top