Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 6/17/2024 4:50:12 PM EDT
Poll #2, only for folks planning to attend the HTF FUN SHOOT.  

@Merlin mentioned this event in the AL HTF and I've received an IM asking if it was ok for a few folks to come up...there was mention of possibly more F/A toys coming along.  What are your thoughts?

Again, no need to comment if you don't want to, just a vote.  

For me personally, the more the merrier, BUT I don't want the audience to get so large that we're having trouble operating safely on the range.  I'm inclined to say let's see what our expected turn-out is from TN, and maybe a week or two out we'll give the AL folks a decision
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bodybagger:
I say the more the merrier! First off Merlin is good people. Second off you could easily have 3/4 of posters say their coming and have something come up last minute from a sick kid to a car problem.
From a range aspect there's no problem with limiting the number of shooters on the line at any given time and running relays.
View Quote

Agreed.

We do a springtime hymn-singing event at our house every year. We’ll have 100 people RSVP and 60-70 show up. Every year. It’s just reality - people wake up tired on event day, or emergencies come up.

OP is the only one who really knows what his range can handle. As long as that stays safe I’d be happy to see AL folks there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:13:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#3]
Originally Posted By kcobean:
Poll #2, only for folks planning to attend the HTF FUN SHOOT.  

@Merlin mentioned this event in the AL HTF and I've received an IM asking if it was ok for a few folks to come up...there was mention of possibly more F/A toys coming along.  What are your thoughts?

Again, no need to comment if you don't want to, just a vote.  

For me personally, the more the merrier, BUT I don't want the audience to get so large that we're having trouble operating safely on the range.  I'm inclined to say let's see what our expected turn-out is from TN, and maybe a week or two out we'll give the AL folks a decision
View Quote
"Mentioned" is the right word - as opposed to "invited".

As host it's entirely your prerogative on who to invite.  When I held my AL/TN GTG, I screened all those who wanted to come to ensure that a) they had been here a while and b) someone who I knew to be involved in shooting i.e. not a professional troll or shitposter.

ETA:  Added the "AL/TN" and emphasized it to show that I purposefully invited those from both HT's.  Of course, I'm a lot closer to the border than most here.
Top Top