BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheBeaverRetriever:
@wingnutx
Tagging you in case your schedule allows for it and you haven't seen this yet.
View Quote

Thanks!  I'll be there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Old school tag on this. Very interested
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d like to come if work allows. Will check in closer to date to see what I can bring to contribute.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Couple of questions:

-how kid-friendly is this?

-anyone bringing a Garand?

Anyone bringing anything particularly fun to shoot that'll be available to borrow? I'm trying to think of what ammo to bring, if any, beyond for my own stuff.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if I'm coming yet or not. But if I do, I can bring my M1.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Couple of questions:

Anyone bringing anything particularly fun to shoot that'll be available to borrow? I'm trying to think of what ammo to bring, if any, beyond for my own stuff.

View Quote

I will have my Garand available.  I have some ammo, but not "shoot all you want" levels of ammo.  If you have 30-06 to bring, it just needs to be M2 ball, not commercial stuff unless it is loaded for the M1.

Sounds like we'll have some full auto samples showing up.  Here's what I'm planning to bring out, and anyone is welcome to shoot any of these:

AP5 (MP5 clone)
PTR 9KT w/ binary trigger (MP5k clone)
Mosin Nagant M44
Suppressed 5.56 SBR AR-15
.300 SBR AR-15
Suppressed 9mm SBR AR-9
Suppressed GSG Firefly

Regarding kids, let's take a poll.  I have no issue with kids, but I'm just hosting...this is everybody's day.  I'll fire up a poll thread.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kcobean:

I will have my Garand available.  I have some ammo, but not "shoot all you want" levels of ammo.  If you have 30-06 to bring, it just needs to be M2 ball, not commercial stuff unless it is loaded for the M1.

Sounds like we'll have some full auto samples showing up.  Here's what I'm planning to bring out, and anyone is welcome to shoot any of these:

AP5 (MP5 clone)
Mosin Nagant M44
.300 SBR AR-15
Suppressed 9mm SBR AR-9
Suppressed GSG Firefly

Regarding kids, let's take a poll.  I have no issue with kids, but I'm just hosting...this is everybody's day.  I'll fire up a poll thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Couple of questions:

AP5 (MP5 clone)
Mosin Nagant M44
.300 SBR AR-15
Suppressed 9mm SBR AR-9
Suppressed GSG Firefly

Sounds good and it’s 100% fine with me either way. I just don’t want to show up with a kid and be the only one, or show up and there be kids everywhere but I left mine at home.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Our summer has become quite busy with a lot of different things
going on, so unfortunately we will not be able to attend
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
@handyandy - FYSA, in the event you were interested and had the time.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#10]
@handyandy - FYSA, in the event you were interested and had the time.
View Quote

I'm in! What should I bring? I have 6 steel targets I can bring, what else, beer and tequila to pregame with?

Can we bring stuff to sell or trade?
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#11]

AP5 (MP5 clone)
Mosin Nagant M44
.300 SBR AR-15
Suppressed 9mm SBR AR-9
Suppressed GSG Firefly

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Couple of questions:

AP5 (MP5 clone)
Mosin Nagant M44
.300 SBR AR-15
Suppressed 9mm SBR AR-9
Suppressed GSG Firefly

I *think* I have an ammo can full of .30 caliber ball.  I'll see if I can find it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
And I royally fucked this one up:  July 20th is my granddaughter's Birthday Party.  I miss that, my life is not worth living.  

Sorry for not realizing it earlier.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
And I royally fucked this one up:  July 20th is my granddaughter's Birthday Party.  I miss that, my life is not worth living.  

Sorry for not realizing it earlier.  
View Quote

Oh dude. I hate you won't be there, but yeah, don't miss that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it too late to make one last plea for the 27th?

Being ever so slightly facetious here
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I am trying to work out the drive time and when from Memphis. It's only about 4 hours. Trying figure if i want drive in the night before and camp at the falls or come straight in that morning.

Is anyone's wife riding along. If i go to the Falls, my wife might want tag along.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Is it too late to make one last plea for the 27th?

Being ever so slightly facetious here
View Quote

Ain't gonna lie, with cola warrior on the 20th as well, 27th would work a LOT better for a few of us.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
I am trying to work out the drive time and when from Memphis. It's only about 4 hours. Trying figure if i want drive in the night before and camp at the falls or come straight in that morning.

Is anyone's wife riding along. If i go to the Falls, my wife might want tag along.
View Quote

Barring any more unforeseen incidents w/ family in Florida my wife ought to be tagging along, and my plan is to bring my RV if I can find a spot to back it in. I'm also traveling from the greater Memphis area. *cough*Atoka*cough*
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I *think* I have an ammo can full of .30 caliber ball.  I'll see if I can find it.
View Quote

I ordered a couple boxes of PRVI Garand ammo.

Shooting a Garand is on my bucket list - I hate to bum ammo to do it.

My plan is to bring some Garand-spec ammo (PRVI in this case), some 9mm subs and supers, some .45acp, some .22lr, and a box of 45-70. Everything will be factory loaded except the 45-70. That will be loaded with book data spec'ed for safety in a Marlin, actually a bit below max, because I'm a wimp and don't like getting my teeth kicked. 45 grains of IMR4198 and a 355-grain NOE 460-350, powder coated and gas checked and sized to .460. About 1850' MV. Suitable for anything up to grizzly bears.

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#20]

I ordered a couple boxes of PRVI Garand ammo.

Shooting a Garand is on my bucket list - I hate to bum ammo to do it.

My plan is to bring some Garand-spec ammo (PRVI in this case), some 9mm subs and supers, some .45acp, some .22lr, and a box of 45-70. Everything will be factory loaded except the 45-70. That will be loaded with book data spec'ed for safety in a Marlin, actually a bit below max, because I'm a wimp and don't like getting my teeth kicked. 45 grains of IMR4198 and a 355-grain NOE 460-350, powder coated and gas checked and sized to .460. About 1850' MV. Suitable for anything up to grizzly bears.

View Quote

All of my 45-70 loads are handloads to Marlin spec, but that doesn't mean you won't get your shit pushed in

I bought a suppressor for it, and it's out of jail...it just has a tendency to strike the end cap. To rectify this I'm procuring another can, but the bad news is it won't be jail broken in time for our meet-up
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#21]
We're now two weeks out from this event.  There have been a few suggestions/requests to move this to the 27th due to conflicts.  The other option, if it's going to be as hot as it has been the last few days, is that we could push into the fall when it cools off.  The only shade we will have at the range is that which we create using canopies and it gets HOT on the crusher run.   I'm fine with any of the three.  What do y'all think?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#22]
We're now two weeks out from this event.  There have been a few suggestions/requests to move this to the 27th due to conflicts.  The other option, if it's going to be as hot as it has been the last few days, is that we could push into the fall when it cools off.  The only shade we will have at the range is that which we create using canopies and it gets HOT on the crusher run.   I'm fine with any of the three.  What do y'all think?
View Quote
Stay the course.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#23]
finally got some rain.  Been nearly a month.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 4:42:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I won't get there until the afternoon.  Will there still be shenanigans?
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:23:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBeaverRetriever] [#26]
Fall coincides w/ deer season and those weekends are practically sacred. If there aren't any other objections I'll side w/ Merlin and stay the course.

I'll stay as long as permitted, and maybe - just maybe - I can get my book signed

Is anyone bringing "Hi, my name is...." stickers?
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Fall coincides w/ deer season and those weekends are practically sacred. If there aren't any other objections I'll side w/ Merlin and stay the course.

I'll stay as long as permitted, and maybe - just maybe - I can get my book signed

Is anyone bringing "Hi, my name is...." stickers?
View Quote

All depends on Cola Warrior and how long it takes to get that done with.  Another 2 hours of driving.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Interested if I can make it. Haven't been to one of these in several years. It's a bit far from Dyersburg, but I will try. Thanks for hosting.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By voldaddy:
Interested if I can make it. Haven't been to one of these in several years. It's a bit far from Dyersburg, but I will try. Thanks for hosting.
View Quote

Was in Dyersburg in May for the big St. Jude Corvette Drive.  I know that's a long drive.  Hope you can make it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 1:57:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBeaverRetriever] [#30]
I am up in the air. We've got a family member w/ aggressive cancer in Florida and it's not looking good. Will do what I can but if push comes to shove I'll need to take a rain check for the next one.

That's a damn shame too because I am really looking forward to this

I'm still going to try to make it but if the Lord calls my FIL home then I'll need to go be with the fam.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Just spoke with my wife. I am still on provided I drive safe w/ the kids.

In lieu of bringing food can I float someone a hundred bucks to increase the amount of food for all? @kcobean
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 12:58:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Alright guys, we are now one week out on this.  Need to start firming up headcount.  

Who is definitely in?
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 7:37:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBeaverRetriever] [#33]
Yes.

Eta myself and 3 kids.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Definitely in. Definitely bringing the oldest daughter. Let me check the other two kids. I want them to come but know the youngest will start whining to leave after 42 seconds of being outside.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Definitely in. Definitely bringing the oldest daughter. Let me check the other two kids. I want them to come but know the youngest will start whining to leave after 42 seconds of being outside.
View Quote
There is an easy way to keep them happy - but you're not going to like the answer.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#36]
In
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I would like to join in, if not too late. Was not on the list prior to today.
Can bring soft drinks, chips and a Tommygun.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#38]
There is an easy way to keep them happy - but you're not going to like the answer.  
View Quote

Bring AC and a portable television?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By J2X:
I would like to join in, if not too late. Was not on the list prior to today.
Can bring soft drinks, chips and a Tommygun.
View Quote

Well that escalated quickly.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Out. Wife having surgery Saturday morning nothing major of life threatening just enough to ruin my shooting plans. I hope yall have a good time and a safe shoot.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#42]

How do you guys feel about medium bore express rifles?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:56:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-apaIOOoAo

How do you guys feel about medium bore express rifles?
View Quote

My range was originally built as a pistol/PCC practice bay for USPSA.  It’s 25 yards deep and 30 yards wide.  There is a single 100 yard rifle lane that extends back on the centerline.  It’s actually probably 120 or so.  Whatever you want to shoot at 100-120 is fine, the caveat being that we all have to move back to shoot from that position.  We’ll figure out how we want to shoot what as we go.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 2:04:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kcobean] [#44]
So here is the list of definite so far:

kcobean
TheBeaverRetriever +3
Arowneragain +1 or more
Clovis_Chitwood
J2X
Wingnutx
DoubleARon
Sylvan (late)
Pukindog
Handyandy

Hopefully we get a few more.

I’ll PM everyone my address in the next day or two, but for planning purposes you can look at drive times to the Tri-Green John Deere dealer at 305 Shangri La Ln in McMinnville and that’s close.  

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I plan on being there, albeit later after 2 PM if thats OK.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#46]
I am planning to be there. Anything I need to bring?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I plan on being there, the 27th wouldwork for me as well.

It's been so long since I've been shooting I feel like bringing 12 guns, I narrowed it down to 3 rifles and 3 handguns.

Does anyone need any AR parts? I didn't make it to the last Knoxville gun show, due to work. If you need something send me a message. I don't have everything, but what I have is mostly high quality. I also have about 50 pounds of once fired 5.56 and .223 brass.

Should I bring steel targets, or won't that work?

What is needed for food/drink?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By handyandy:
I plan on being there, the 27th wouldwork for me as well.

It's been so long since I've been shooting I feel like bringing 12 guns, I narrowed it down to 3 rifles and 3 handguns.

Does anyone need any AR parts? I didn't make it to the last Knoxville gun show, due to work. If you need something send me a message. I don't have everything, but what I have is mostly high quality. I also have about 50 pounds of once fired 5.56 and .223 brass.

Should I bring steel targets, or won't that work?

What is needed for food/drink?
View Quote

Yes, definitely bring your steel targets. I have a dueling tree, a Texas star some IPSC poppers and a good heavy hanging silhouette.  I have 6 paper target stands.  More steel is better.  

As for food, pick a side dish or something and post it here, I’ll put it next to your name on the list.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#49]
kcobean - sammich fixin’s, water/soda
TheBeaverRetriever +3
Arowneragain +1 or more
Clovis_Chitwood
J2X
Wingnutx
DoubleARon
Sylvan (late)
Pukindog
Handyandy