Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2024 2:34:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
Two groups in vehicles engage in a gunfight in the city's historic district on Monday afternoon and an innocent motorist is caught and killed in the crossfire.

WTF

I have occasionally walked the dog on this very street.

Guess it's time to carry more firepower than my current EDC.

https://www.wistv.com/2024/05/22/uninvolved-driver-dies-sumter-roadway-shooting-no-arrests-made/

The deceased man has been ID'd as 59 year-old Blaine Varner of Sumter.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
This happened near Myrtle Beach a couple years ago. Some poor bastard got caught in the crossfire driving home from work. They haven't found anyone.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 12:02:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#3]
EDITED

Thanks to citizens who called in descriptions of the two suspect vehicles Sumter Police have arrested 2 of the three suspects.

GOOD JOB!

Started when three individuals were involved in an illegal firearm sale at a residence in South Sumter. At some point the trio broke up and a vehicle chase ensued. The two suspects in the vehicle being chased crashed and are in custody. The third suspect who police believe fired the shot that killed the innocent motorist remains at large.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just as guilty as the average South Carolinian about letting my situational awareness drop when driving. I do get spooked by people pulling alongside on a 4 lane and just sitting there. None of my automobiles resemble cop cars, so what goes? With the heavily tinted glass on some cars, you can tell if it's grandma or a thug.

It sad that someone was killed driving to or from their place of employment. That's supposed to be a movie theme, not real world! It could happen to anyone.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 4:32:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#5]
Police are offering a $5K reward for information leading to the third suspect's capture. After taxes that's $3K.

If they offered twenty grand I'd bet he'd be in custody by sundown.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:09:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#6]
Third suspect connected to shooting death of Sumter physician assistant turns himself in. There are two other suspects who fled from the crashed (stolen) pickup truck who at this time are unknown and still at large.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Police are offering a $5K reward for information leading to the third suspect's capture. After taxes that's $3K.

If they offered twenty grand I'd bet he'd be in custody by sundown.
View Quote

You think people who know that suspect pay taxes
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Drug dealers don't pay taxes on income? Oh, yeah!

The last arrested perp was probably snitched out by one of the others for a reduced sentence. No honor amongst criminals.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:06:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#9]
There was another drive-by at 7:30 this morning. Car pulled up to another vehicle waiting to make a left turn and suspect(s) opened fire leaving 1 dead and one wounded. Security footage from a C-store on the corner caught the action. Police have released very little information at this point.

https://www.wistv.com/2024/05/27/1-dead-1-injured-drive-by-shooting-sumter/

One in custody (19 years old). Other suspects, a 20 year-old male and a male juvenile have been ID'd but are still at large.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top