Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Saturday morning bump to top.  Hope to see the Dallasites there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Made it. Wearing my guns762 Panther Locomotive #87 t-shirt.  Have the Spawn o'Cyborg w/ me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#3]
How empty is Market Hall?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tboy:
How empty is Market Hall?
View Quote
This, might drive up from Austin tomorrow to visit either or both.

AAR please!
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
For the vendors it's pretty grim.  The old back area is completely empty.  I saw new HiPoints down to $140 and ARs for $400.

You could do a bayonet charge down the aisle and everyone could get out of your way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Realized once I got home I left my MUT w/ the Reverend to be sharpened.  Guess I get a return trip.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
For the vendors it's pretty grim.  The old back area is completely empty.  I saw new HiPoints down to $140 and ARs for $400.

You could do a bayonet charge down the aisle and everyone could get out of your way.
View Quote
Weather today didn't help but is it time for them to cut back to one or two shows a year?  The market is saturated and there is no real special draw to that show anymore.

Anyone else here ever attend the shows at the old Convention Center downtown in the 80's and early 90's? They were different, to say the least. They wouldn't sell ammo but at one point would sell beer.  Big city Democrats finally killed the shows off but they were fun while they lasted.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

Weather today didn't help but is it time for them to cut back to one or two shows a year?  The market is saturated and there is no real special draw to that show anymore.

Anyone else here ever attend the shows at the old Convention Center downtown in the 80's and early 90's? They were different, to say the least. They wouldn't sell ammo but at one point would sell beer.  Big city Democrats finally killed the shows off but they were fun while they lasted.
View Quote
Honestly, I think bad weather usually helps indoor events (unless it restricts travel - ice).  The Internet and BATFE has eliminated the many individuals that would buy tables so now restricted to the big sellers (which are disappearing) and cheap junk.  There are still some special deals to be had but I've been burned so many times during these last DMH shows that I can't justify going back.  When I do, I just shake my head.

I missed the older shows at the convention center but had the opportunity to make the last ones before they were killed 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#9]
IDK.  I saw some decent prices yesterday.  Very light crowd, though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
View Quote
I did.  And they used to have some pretty good vehicle displays at the Convention Center, including tracked vehicles.  I seem to remember someone brought in a Sherman tank from time to time.  The reenactors always seemed to be having a good time.  I probably bought more guns at the Convention Center than at Market Hall because of that ammo ban.

How many people remember the semi trailer of 7.62x39 ammo that was parked outside Market Hall?  That was an expensive day for me.

Thanks for the AAR, folks...  Saves me a trip.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:

I did.  And they used to have some pretty good vehicle displays at the Convention Center, including tracked vehicles.  I seem to remember someone brought in a Sherman tank from time to time.  The reenactors always seemed to be having a good time.  I probably bought more guns at the Convention Center than at Market Hall because of that ammo ban.

How many people remember the semi trailer of 7.62x39 ammo that was parked outside Market Hall?  That was an expensive day for me.

Thanks for the AAR, folks...  Saves me a trip.  
View Quote
Same here, most of my guns came from the Convention Center. It was odd seeing four German soldiers walking down an aisle leading folks back to the display vehicles.

One Sunday there was a mega-church service in the convention area, a guitar show in the small room, and a gun show in the big room. The mix of people dressed in their Sunday best, long hired guitar players carrying cases, and folks carrying long guns on the sidewalk freaked the tourist in the busses out. Just a normal day in Texas.

I also saw David Koresh and The Mag Bag there more than once.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Walked the floor at the Market Hall today. Didn’t really see anything that I felt like stopping for, but they DID have a painting by some dude who (very badly) copied a Picasso, and was only charging $500,000 for it.

I passed on that deal...
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#13]
29-30 September

Durant, OK
Will Rogers, Fort Worth (non-Premier)
Nacogdoches
Waxahachie (Premier)

We might meet up for lunch in FW on Sunday, I may have a lot going on next Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I found some decent Lake City 50BMG and a HK93 mag for cheap.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I got a Ram Line Mini-14/AR mag for $15 in the original box & an M-14 stock w/ GI metal for $40.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Is the Will Rogers non premiere the same as what was there about four weeks ago?
I love having gun shows available so frequently.  I was used to them being two or three times a year.

Face to face private sales are good to go at gun shows here for pistol and long gun with TX id?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep and yep.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#18]
What are the rules for a Texan buying a firearm at an Okie show? I thought at one time rifle and shotgun sales were ok but a pistol has to be shipped to a Texas FFL.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Gopher:  What are the rules for a Texan buying a firearm at an Okie show? I thought at one time rifle and shotgun sales were ok but a pistol has to be shipped to a Texas FFL.
View Quote
Yep, Federal Law, GCA 1968.  And you can only buy rifles or shotguns from an FFL out of your state of residence.  No private sales other than legal (pre-1899) antiques.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I was going to say Railhead BBQ on Sunday, but they are closed on Sunday.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Free parking out back.  Walking in now w/ the patriotic 1911.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Just made it through the entire show this afternoon.  Got some venison jerky, and 2x 45 degree offset mounts for the BREN bumpfire setup.  Talked myself out of a Colt .32-20 pump that needed a bit of restoration, and an early Kelgren TEC-22 that took Ruger mags for $150.

Next weekend:

6-7 October

Cleburne
Mesquite Rodeo (Premier) - this is the smaller of the 2 Mesquite shows.  Still good, free parking, larger than Lewisville.  Good BBQ nearby @ Soulman's.

Don't know yet if I'll make the Rodeo show.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 8:53:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m35ben] [#23]
Just made it through the entire show this afternoon.  Got some venison jerky, and 2x 45 degree offset mounts for the BREN bumpfire setup.  Talked myself out of a Colt .32-20 pump that needed a bit of restoration, and an early Kelgren TEC-22 that took Ruger mags for $150.

Next weekend:

6-7 October

Cleburne
Mesquite Rodeo (Premier) - this is the smaller of the 2 Mesquite shows.  Still good, free parking, larger than Lewisville.  Good BBQ nearby @ Soulman's.

Don't know yet if I'll make the Rodeo show.
View Quote
This just down the road from the show in Cleburne.  edit wrong one.

correct one https://www.facebook.com/johnsoncountydistillery/
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Thinking I may hit the Mesquite Rodeo show tomorrow.  Need to pick up something for the stepdaughter.  Thinking 20 ga Shockwave.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Nope.  She doesn't want to come.  Downgraded to Glock or AR drum.  Probably going to sleep in and skip lunch, unless some of y'all wanna meet up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I have to work this weekend, again. I am off the last week in October as well as the weekends before and after.

Shit is just too thick at work right now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#27]
If you were going to pick either Cleburne or Mesquite, which one is the better to attend?
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:51:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By naes:
If you were going to pick either Cleburne or Mesquite, which one is the better to attend?
View Quote
I've never been to Cleburn, but Mesquite Rodeo is pretty thin.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 1:04:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Both pretty small shows, but M35ben might be @ Cleburne on Sunday.

@M35ben  I'm planning on hitting Rodeo tomorrow, need to pick up a birthday present for one of the stepdaughters.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 1:08:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Both pretty small shows, but M35ben might be @ Cleburne on Sunday.

@M35ben  I'm planning on hitting Rodeo tomorrow, need to pick up a birthday present for one of the stepdaughters.
View Quote
Cool, I won't be at the rodeo but let me know when you come to town.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 1:23:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I may hit the rodeo early afternoon today. No guarantees. Sorry G. Wish I could pinpoint it.

I will need a lower for my PSA pistol kit I ordered yesterday, as well as a rear buis.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DeathHates:   I may hit the rodeo early afternoon today. No guarantees. Sorry G. Wish I could pinpoint it.

I will need a lower for my PSA pistol kit I ordered yesterday, as well as a rear buis.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
View Quote
Wanna hit Soulman's for BBQ @ 1:00 PM?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#34]
13-14 October Big Town Mesquite (Premier). This is the big one on the east side of the Metroplex.

Unless there's objections, we'll meet noon, Saturday @ Soulmans' BBQ in Mesquite.

A good blues show that night is @ Sons of Herman Hall, starting @ 8:00 PM.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Wanna hit Soulman's for BBQ @ 1:00 PM?
View Quote
Sorry bro. I was obe. Overtaken By Events.

Going to Big Town today, but earlier than noon.

I need a lower and maybe another carry handle and some buis.

Text me when you get there?
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Rgr.  Drive carefully.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Picked up a early Inland - flat bolt, crossbolt safety, flip sight in a Choate folding stock w/ a Lyman front sight and comp.  $500.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:16:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#38]
Already moved the Inland over to a beat up original stock, and put the IBM into the Choate stock for the moment:

Attachment Attached File

ETA:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/-500-Inland-gun-show-score-and-questions-/14-493331/
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#39]
20-21 October

Allen
Fort Worth (Premier)
Mineral Wells

Unfortunately I won't be able to join y'all this weekend. Have fun. Post up if y'all want to meet somewhere for lunch and I'll post it in the OP & title.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#40]
27-28 October

Hillsboro
Lewisville (Premier) - their smallest D/FW show
Tyler

My weekends have been outlawed for a bit, but y'all have fun.  If someone wants to organize a lunch, PM me & I'll post it here.

Also:

10-11 November

Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show

And I'll be in the wrong state that weekend, no matter which state I'm in.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#41]
20-21 October

Allen
Fort Worth (Premier)
Mineral Wells

Unfortunately I won't be able to join y'all this weekend. Have fun. Post up if y'all want to meet somewhere for lunch and I'll post it in the OP & title.
View Quote
Was there actually a show in Allen over the weekend? I drove down saturday and saw no sign anywhere and there definitely wasn't a gun show crowd in the parking garage. While small, it's usually a pretty good show.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Gopher:. Was there actually a show in Allen over the weekend? I drove down saturday and saw no sign anywhere and there definitely wasn't a gun show crowd in the parking garage. While small, it's usually a pretty good show.
View Quote
Dunno.  Get my info from Gun Shows USA.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#43]
27-28 October

Hillsboro
Lewisville (Premier) - their smallest D/FW show
Tyler

My weekends have been outlawed for a bit, but y'all have fun.  If someone wants to organize a lunch, PM me & I'll post it here.

Also:

10-11 November

Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show

And I'll be in the wrong state that weekend, no matter which state I'm in.  
View Quote
We appreciate you and your patriotism brother.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#44]
i'll be set up in Tyler this coming weekend trading off some of my gun junk and sharpening knives.  Stop by and say hi!  i'll be in the main room, opposite end from the stage.  Look for the Baldor buffer with sharpening wheels.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Lewisville for me. Got an itch for an ak. No idea what to get or avoid. I like the folding "stock" coat hanger looking (sarcasm) thing. I have a back pack idea swimming around. Cheap ammo sounds good.

Any tips????
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#46]
I plan on doing Lewisville tomorrow, probably after lunch. I have a 590 Shockwave to part with so if sold, maybe look to spend the funds. If all works out, I'd like to get a Sub 2000 set up for Glock 17 mags.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:19:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jeffb1911] [#47]
Tyler gunshow crowd seemed to be smaller than normal yesterday.  Guess the first day of nice weather in a few weeks had more people doing things outside.  But I still left with more money and less toys than I went in with.  Darn it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Heading to Lewisville today. Look for my bolt face patch on the back of my hat
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]
3-4 November

Fort Worth (Lone Star)
Sherman

I'll go ahead and tell y'all to meet @ the Railhead BBQ on Montgomery St @ Noon on Saturday.  Unfortunately, I can't make it.  If I need to change it PM me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#50]
3-4 November

Fort Worth (Lone Star)
Sherman

I'll go ahead and tell y'all to meet @ the Railhead BBQ on Montgomery St @ Noon on Saturday.  Unfortunately, I can't make it.  If I need to change it PM me.
View Quote
I'm out this round I'll be deer hunting
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top