Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 69
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be set up in my usual spot at Mesquite...maybe I'll see you guys...
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
7-8 September
Greenville - Audie Murphy Museum
Hillsboro - Whipp Farm
Mesquite Big Town - Premier

Post up if the D/FW krewe wants to hit Soulman's BBQ or elsewhere for lunch Saturday or Sunday in Mesquite.  Texas Roadhouse nearby as well.

14-15 September
Mesquite Rodeo - Premier

21-22 September
Dallas Market Hall - DACA - this is not the Market Hall show you remember, but it is still a worthwhile medium show.  Some ARFCOMers have regular tables.
Gilmer - American Legion

28-29 September
Fort Worth - Lone Star
Nacogdoches, - G&S
Waxahachie - Premier (While this is a Premier show, the Lone Star Fort Worth show will be larger, even if not as large as Premier's Fort Worth shows)
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
7-8 September
Mesquite Big Town - Premier

Post up if the D/FW krewe wants to hit Soulman's BBQ or elsewhere for lunch Saturday or Sunday in Mesquite.  Texas Roadhouse nearby as well.
View Quote
No one else?  I'm pretty much up for BBQ anytime.  Are you attending BBer?
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't make it to delicious Soulman's BBQ.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I decided to sell some stuff, haven't tried a gun show in a loooong time.

Plus I have back to back weekends here in Mesquite

Thinking of a used Glock 26 to replace a few of my current items.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 75149:
I decided to sell some stuff, haven't tried a gun show in a loooong time.

Plus I have back to back weekends here in Mesquite

Thinking of a used Glock 26 to replace a few of my current items.
View Quote
What are you looking to sell? Anything milsurp or militaria?
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 98kGuy:

What are you looking to sell? Anything milsurp or militaria?
View Quote
Nope.

G19 gen 2
M38
LC9 wif da been
Old police 12ga (870 Wingmaster 20" & 500A 18")
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to miss our gunshow times.

My state is now different...

Link Posted: 9/7/2019 1:17:52 AM EDT
[#9]

What are your folks gonna do?  You working in the oilfield?
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 1:32:41 AM EDT
[#10]
My nephew is there. I'm only 4.5 hours away.

Link Posted: 9/7/2019 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DeathHates: My nephew is there. I'm only 4.5 hours away.

View Quote
Inshallah I'll see you next spring in Tulsa.  Have your Oklahoma DL & cash.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DeathHates:

View Quote
Now why did you have to go and do that?  
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably to get pistol residency for the Tulsa gun shows...

If you hit any of the shows today, post up how they were for the Sunday crowd.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#14]
IMO< solid attendance at Big Town (parking lot not as full as usual) and I saw some 4473s being filled out. OK show for me as I got some parts I was looking for.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By HenryKnoxFineBooks:
IMO< solid attendance at Big Town (parking lot not as full as usual) and I saw some 4473s being filled out. OK show for me as I got some parts I was looking for.
View Quote
Confirmed...  It actually felt kind of quiet when I was leaving about 1:45p.  Aisles weren't too crowded.  And there were a couple of areas that had seating set up instead of vendor tables.  But still a good show. Also scored some small parts.  Sounded like vendors were willing to deal on marked pricing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 4:19:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#16]
I was over that way doing a quick Saturday morning 911 job so figured I would roll through.  I had to also meet another member there to pick up a set of Ivory 1911 grips.

Overall-  Show was pretty solid and some deals were laying about.   Some guns were selling and not a ton of "not gun stuff" like the last Fort Worth show had.

I spent $650 and walked away with a Coal Valley Eagle Arms rifle, Garand Trigger Groups- WRA and IHC with mixed parts, and a Garand SA Op Rod that looks new but is most likely  refurbished.

I like this show as you can get in free if you give blood.  I haven't yet but at least Carter hasn't turned into a bunch of pussies like the ARC who pulled out of a venue because it was firearm related.

When I was buying the A2 rifle some guy walked up to talk to me and said that he looked at it at least 4 times.  The table owner said the same thing but the guy was really busting him down on it.  I usually keep an eye out for A1/A2 upper rifles because about 60% of the time around here they are attached to pre ban lowers.

Something caught my eye that is in my "not a great deal but cool" file.  I may actually go back tomorrow and buy it.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2019 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh, it's pretty w/ that finish, but if I ever get a Desert Eagle, it'll be in .357.  As I get older I value some practicality.

You gonna sell that pre-ban lower in Massachusetts or Connecticut?
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I also oogled that case colored Deagle.  I sold a S&W 296 to a dealer in five minutes for what I wanted.  Got there around 10 and the crowd was alright.  One guy was walking around with a semi-auto MG34 in 8mm.  Bet that was a load to carry around.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:
I also oogled that case colored Deagle.  I sold a S&W 296 to a dealer in five minutes for what I wanted.  Got there around 10 and the crowd was alright.  One guy was walking around with a semi-auto MG34 in 8mm.  Bet that was a load to carry around.
View Quote
I tried to talk to him twice but gave up both time because dealers were tying him up.  I didn't see him before I left but yes I would imagine he was wore the hell out by the time he left.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 10:40:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HenryKnoxFineBooks] [#20]
Believe it or not - the MG34 was $5K.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DeathHates: My nephew is there. I'm only 4.5 hours away.

Link Posted: 9/7/2019 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DeathHates:

I left my Republican son in Texas
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#23]

You gonna sell that pre-ban lower in Massachusetts or Connecticut?
View Quote
In the past I’ve sent them to a dealer in CT.   Not sure on this one because the upper/lower hue is the same. I thought about replacing with this lower though.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2019 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#24]
You might find that Massachusetts is paying more these days, as Connecticut can get new lowers in as complete 26"+ firearms.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh, it's pretty w/ that finish, but if I ever get a Desert Eagle, it'll be in .357.  As I get older I value some practicality.
View Quote
Practicality?

It's a Deagle. Practicality is out the fucking window, by default. If you own a Deagle that is not a .44 Magnum or .50 AE, then you're just pissing in sink. The whole purpose of a Deagle is to be a ginormous hand cannon.

Practical .357 Deagle.

I've never heard such nonsense in all my life.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 12:55:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By motown_steve:  Practicality?

It's a Deagle. Practicality is out the fucking window, by default. If you own a Deagle that is not a .44 Magnum or .50 AE, then you're just pissing in sink. The whole purpose of a Deagle is to be a ginormous hand cannon.

Practical .357 Deagle.

View Quote
As in less expensive to feed, common caliber w/ a rifle/handgun one already owns.  Sorta like getting a smaller dog if one lives in an apartment rather than getting some 100 lb can pass for a small horse breed.

Besides, since the introduction of the XIX, one can just change the bolt, bbl, & magazine to the next caliber up or down.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By motown_steve:

Practicality?

Practical .357 Deagle.

View Quote
Said the guy who doesn't own the rare .41 mag Deagle.  I do.  And it's a hoot to shoot.  Especially when you own a bunch of other .41 mag guns and cornered that ammo market years ago.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 1:50:52 AM EDT
[#28]
It's like two guys having an argument over 9mm vs .45, and this third guy walks up and lays down his .327 Federal Magnum revolver.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm that guy...  
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#30]
You could actually justify OCing a .327 Federal Magnum Deagle.  It would be somewhat practical.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#31]
No less practical than all the other stuff I own.

But I'll probably maintain loyalty to my .41 family.  Hunting up used firearms in .41 mag is about the only thing that keeps me going to gun shows.  I've not seen one in awhile though.

Since no one else mentioned it, Premier was giving out coupons at Big Town for $2 off entry to the next Mesquite Rodeo show (which is next weekend).  That might just motivate me to go to that show for the 1st time in 10 years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Rodeo is a decent medium show.  A lot less heartbreaking than Market Hall.

Nothing wrong w/ .41 Magnum.  Everyone needs a focus for their collection.  I'm trying to get to standardize on caliber and magazines.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#33]
14-15 September
Mesquite Rodeo - Premier

21-22 September
Dallas Market Hall - DACA - this is not the Market Hall show you remember, but it is still a worthwhile medium show.  Some ARFCOMers have regular tables.
Gilmer - American Legion

28-29 September
Fort Worth - Lone Star
Nacogdoches, - G&S
Waxahachie - Premier (While this is a Premier show, the Lone Star Fort Worth show will be larger, even if not as large as Premier's Fort Worth shows)
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#34]
No less practical than all the other stuff I own.

But I'll probably maintain loyalty to my .41 family.  Hunting up used firearms in .41 mag is about the only thing that keeps me going to gun shows.  I've not seen one in awhile though.

Since no one else mentioned it, Premier was giving out coupons at Big Town for $2 off entry to the next Mesquite Rodeo show (which is next weekend).  That might just motivate me to go to that show for the 1st time in 10 years.
View Quote
Honestly if Clint would have used a 41 mag in the movie verses the 44 Mag everyone would own the 41 and the 44 would probably be in the back seat riding bitch where the 41 is now.   Its a legit round that doesn't give up much if anything to the 44.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By kells81:
Honestly if Clint would have used a 41 mag in the movie verses the 44 Mag everyone would own the 41 and the 44 would probably be in the back seat riding bitch where the 41 is now.   Its a legit round that doesn't give up much if anything to the 44.
View Quote
.41 mag is a capable, but niche round....  I'm OK with that.  It was the first wheel gun and first magnum pistol I bought back in the mid 80s.  I'm not exactly sure why I bought it...  maybe because I didn't want to be a Dirty Harry.  I can't even tell you how I came to know about the round.  I just did, and bought a S&W 57 6".  I've got so many rounds through that revolver that the cylinder timing is sketchy.  I had the Deagle down at Cheesecake and quite a few folks fired it.  Everyone had a grin - kind of like when shooting full auto.

The .41 Mag has a cult following, and I'm happy to be a member.  The .41 Desert Eagle is a rare one.  I also have a Marlin 1894 in .41.  Also very rare.  I want one of the new Henrys before they figure out that we're a cult.  Bond Arms had a .41 for awhile.  I want one.  And yes, I reload .41.  You have to.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 1:22:10 AM EDT
[#36]
14-15 September
Mesquite Rodeo - Premier

21-22 September
Gilmer - American Legion

28-29 September
Fort Worth - Lone Star
Nacogdoches, - G&S
View Quote
I LOLed at the updated title
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Sorry, been asleep @ the switch.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#38]
28-29 September
Fort Worth - Lone Star
Nacogdoches, - G&S
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 5:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#39]
4-6 October

Belton (5-6 Oct) Lone Star
Frisco (4-6 Oct) Colt Collectors Association
Mesquite Big Town (5-6 Oct) Premier

D/FW folks, post up which shows you're going to (get both) and where you want to meet for lunch, and I'll post it in the OP.

12-13 October
Lewisville - Premier
Quitman - American Legion
Taylor - Real Texas

19-20 October
Abilene - Texas Gun and Knife Shows
Fort Worth - Premier

26-27 October
Mesquite Big Town - Premier (wow, twice in a month)
Riesel - Lions Club
Tyler - Lone Star
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Where will that Frisco show be?
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Gopher: Where will that Frisco show be?
View Quote
Embassy Suites.  Looks like the convention actually starts on the 3rd.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Embassy Suites.  Looks like the convention actually starts on the 3rd.
View Quote
Will this be an open show or just Colt stuff?

Did you attend the one show they had at the Dr. Pepper Stars Center?
It was a nice, medium-sized venue. Unfortunately, a dealer had an ND on opening morning and there was never another show there.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#43]
I would go to the Colt Collector's website to get info.

Negligent discharges have a way of pissing off landlords for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 1:47:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doubleclaw] [#44]
Headed to Big Town today just to look around.

Haven’t been to a gun show since I got back from Afghanistan.

Well...

That was some hot garbage. Colt 6920s for (LOL) $1,799.99, Chinese bullshit knives and assorted flavors of beef jerky.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#45]
12-13 October
Lewisville - Premier
Quitman - American Legion
Taylor - Real Texas

The Lewisville show - and likely all of em - are close to some decent BBQ.

19-20 October
Fort Worth - Premier

26-27 October
Riesel - Lions Club
Tyler - Lone Star
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:21:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeffb1911] [#47]
I'll be setting up in Quitman this Sunday trading the gun junk that I've accumulated.  If any of you make it stop by and say HI!  I also will be set up in my normal corner at Tyler doing knife sharpening and trading the various gun junk that I still have after the "giant" Quitman show...…

I have done Quitman before, and there is usually a lot of interesting stuff that comes out of the woods there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#48]
I spent 4 hours on Saturday at the Lewisville show (more time than I have been at a show in years), with a co-worker who was agonizing over what pistols to get.  He finally decided on a CZ 75 SP-01 and a Sig P365 - and then picked up some ammo and extra mags for each.  For full disclosure, I did sample some bear and buffalo sausage as well.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#49]
19-20 October
Fort Worth - Premier - this is the big one, in walking distance to decent BBQ and dark English ale.

D/FW folk, if you're going, post up when and where you want to eat.

26-27 October
Riesel - Lions Club
Tyler - Lone Star
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Just in case anyone decides to meetup, anything on Magnolia is off limits, Arts Goggle is going on today. That eliminates Heim BBQ and King Tut as options.
Page / 69
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top