Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2024 2:02:56 PM EDT
Where can I get my SAR1 barrel threaded and have a spring and detent installed?  Any recommendations in the Austin or DFW area?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll even drive to San Antonio or Houston if I have to.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
In for info.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You can try BlackJack gunsmithing, (North Austin)  they're threaded bolt gun barrels for me before, no idea if they work on AK's.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I had Bobby Bueltel thread a ban era SAR-1 for me many years ago.

Bobby does great work and had done all sorts of custom projects for me over the years.

The biggest challenge is actually finding him as he seems to constantly move locations.   When he did my SAR-1 probably 10 years ago he was at Sportsmans Finest.   Many recent project I had done when he was working part time out of Guns Warehouse (Cedar Park) under their license but heard he had parted ways with Guns Warehouse.

I think he may be back at McBrides now but don't quote me on it as he seems to have an on and off again relationship with McBrides over the years.   However I would start there and give them a call to see if Bobby is still working for them and if not do they know who he may be working for.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Blackjack did an AR10 barrel and a .22 bolt gun barrel for me.  Both well done.  

What are the spring and detent for?   I’m just curious.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Do it yourself! I did my SAR1. It's not hard. Just buy the right tools. Not expensive. I didn't bother with the spring and detent. I just Rockset it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scott_S:
Blackjack did an AR10 barrel and a .22 bolt gun barrel for me.  Both well done.  

What are the spring and detent for?   I’m just curious.
View Quote

that type of ak has a spring and detent for indexing the brake, it is in the front sight base normally but omitted on this model.

If you're only doing a brake and not concerned about bore concentrically a thread starter and die can be had easily.
Top Top