Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2024 7:33:14 PM EDT
They just installed ATT fiber in my neighborhood.  Cox is costing me like 90 bucks for 100mbs.  ATT is offering 500mbs for 75 or 300 for 65

Anyone use ATT fiber?   Any problems?  Might wait a few months in case they have problems with new lines but I can't see my reason not to switch if the service is good.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering the same thing about Verizon 5G internet. We've only had Cox out in STV for years, and now Verizon is available for a lot cheaper. I just hate to be the first one to try it!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kevhogAZ:
I was wondering the same thing about Verizon 5G internet. We've only had Cox out in STV for years, and now Verizon is available for a lot cheaper. I just hate to be the first one to try it!!
View Quote
Same I know fiber is supposed to be better but I'm reluctant to change after trying quest years back and it was terrible
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully someone chimes in who knows better than us!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Verizon 5G, and it is absolutely fantastic.  I ditched Cox about 1.5 years ago and switched to Verizon 5G.  It's only $25/month attached to my cell phone plan, and I spend about $60 per month less by ditching Cox internet.  

I get 250-300 mbps with Verizon 5G; more than enough for any streaming service, games, etc.  It's actually more than I ever got with Cox.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
I have Verizon 5G, and it is absolutely fantastic.  I ditched Cox about 1.5 years ago and switched to Verizon 5G.  It's only $25/month attached to my cell phone plan, and I spend about $60 per month less by ditching Cox internet.  

I get 250-300 mbps with Verizon 5G; more than enough for any streaming service, games, etc.  It's actually more than I ever got with Cox.
View Quote

Now that's good to hear!! We're paying $106 a month for Cox now. Freakin' rip off!! I'll make the switch!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I ditched cable more than 15 yeas ago, and I haven't missed it at all.  If you are familiar with the Internet, there is nothing you can't watch.

The only sport I watch consistently is F1, and the best way to watch is with F1TV $86/year (absolutely worth it).  Amazon Prime has a ton of NFL games if I want to watch, and Hulu has a bunch of live MLB games, along with college basketball, etc.

I don't miss cable at all.  Cox was charging me $95ish for a mid-tier connection speed, and it was constantly dropping out during the evenings. When Verizon started bundling their 5G service with cell phone plans for an extra $25/month, I jumped on it.  Glad I did.  Nearly 3x the speed I was getting from Cox for 1/4th the price...and it doesn't drop out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 12:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't had cable myself for many years. We stream everything. That's why I was inquiring about an alternate Internet source.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 4:06:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Think I'm gonna try the fiber.  Sick of paying for a 500mbps plan that only delivers 100 just so I don't hit data caps.  I guess I can always switch back my if the fiber gives me issues.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2024 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#9]
never had a problem with ATT for Wireless or for internet.  Haven't had it out here but before we moved out here, that was what we had and we were very pleased with their service as far as the internet and the customer service as well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I went with the Verizon plan. Unlimited data for $52 a month. So far, I can't tell a difference. Everything seems exactly the same and literally cut my bill in half. I was paying $106 at Cox
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By kevhogAZ:
I went with the Verizon plan. Unlimited data for $52 a month. So far, I can't tell a difference. Everything seems exactly the same and literally cut my bill in half. I was paying $106 at Cox
View Quote

My experience with Verizon 5G Home Internet has been nearly flawless...the router reset itself once...which is a far cry better than the Cox router that I had to reset several times per month. After 14 months of Verizon, I am completely happy.  The only difference I can tell between Verizon and my old Cox service it that the Verizon has 99.99999% uptime and reliable (not to mention its far faster than Cox ever was), as opposed to the Cox that always had outage issues monthly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:

My experience with Verizon 5G Home Internet has been nearly flawless...the router reset itself once...which is a far cry better than the Cox router that I had to reset several times per month. After 14 months of Verizon, I am completely happy.  The only difference I can tell between Verizon and my old Cox service it that the Verizon has 99.99999% uptime and reliable (not to mention its far faster than Cox ever was), as opposed to the Cox that always had outage issues monthly.
View Quote

I am really glad to hear that!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top