Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2024 11:46:54 AM EDT

Another regulation change that received healthy public support was the establishment of an alternative firearms season in lieu of Arkansas’s traditional muzzleloader season. Muzzleloaders will still be legal during this season that precedes the modern gun hunt, but hunters will be able to use modern straight-walled centerfire rifle cartridges .30 caliber or larger fired from a non-semiautomatic rifle. The change has been requested by hunters during the last few years and was moved forward by the Commission after the initial public comment survey showed strong support for the modification.

Linkz
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:46:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Omni] [#1]
I thought it was weird they did it.
I can understand banning inline or scoped muzzleloaders for muzzleloading season, or making it flintlock only; but to allow straight wall cartridges? WTF

With that being said I will play the game and will give it a try if I get a draw at Hobbs this year.

Anyone know where a Guide Gun in 45/70 is in stock at?

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
My 450 bushmaster Ruger American Ranch will get more use now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
My guide gun is ready.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like they're using several approaches to bump up the harvest. Might be necessary. I haven't hunted in years, but I know several people who will complain. I'm almost tempted to see if my reckety wired-together spine can handle some 45-70 recoil.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By signalscout:
Looks like they're using several approaches to bump up the harvest. Might be necessary. I haven't hunted in years, but I know several people who will complain. I'm almost tempted to see if my reckety wired-together spine can handle some 45-70 recoil.
View Quote

I am in NWA "Lowell" and all of the public land around here is extremely heavily hunted due to the amount of people in the area, I feel like it is a successful season if I even see a deer.

Is the rest of the state overan that much compared to us that the harvest needs to be increased?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Omni:

I am in NWA "Lowell" and all of the public land around here is extremely heavily hunted due to the amount of people in the area, I feel like it is a successful season if I even see a deer.

Is the rest of the state overan that much compared to us that the harvest needs to be increased?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By signalscout:

I live in Springdale but mostly hunt about 20 miles outside Marshall, AR.  It’s not uncommon to see 20-30 deer in a sitting there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:

I live in Springdale but mostly hunt about 20 miles outside Marshall, AR.  It’s not uncommon to see 20-30 deer in a sitting there.
View Quote

That is insane!
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#8]

That is insane!
View Quote

I'm in Johnson County and my recent information is hearsay. That's not out of the ordinary here either. I guess these policies that seem to be aimed at dropping numbers are all about CWD? I remember Joe Rogan had Michael Osterholm on his show talking about it.

I wonder if what he was saying panned out, if it's really that dangerous.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Im glad they did it. Ive seen more deer wounded and lost with a muzzleloader than anything else.
If it gets more people out there, its great.
Hunting is dying and we need whatever we can to keep it going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top