Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2024 8:43:21 AM EDT
Looking for someone in lower Fairfield County that isn't going to bend me over. Need property properly staked for a minor land dispute with neighbor.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I used Richard W. Plain in Milford- property was in fairfield.
I have a friend in Stamford if its in that area- I can get you his name
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nutter:
I used Richard W. Plain in Milford- property was in fairfield.
I have a friend in Stamford if its in that area- I can get you his name
View Quote

Sure, PM it to me. Ill reach out to them both. Property is in Wilton. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent-
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
How much might it cost to mark the boundaries of a 3 acre residential plot in Fairfield County, approximately?

Might just do this myself. Tagged.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
~4yrs ago I asked a couple surveyors to find the pins (not accurately replot my land) and the average cost for 5 acres was $1600 w/ a 8-16wk wait. This is in Litchfield County
I borrowed a coworkers metal detector and spent 2hrs finding the iron pipe myself.
The only reason it took so long was due to a ton of buried barbed wire, beer cans, and some shotgun shell bases.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot can be done without them leaving the office- satellite gps etc..
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DOW:
How much might it cost to mark the boundaries of a 3 acre residential plot in Fairfield County, approximately?

Might just do this myself. Tagged.
View Quote

I am calling around because I was quoted almost 5k to drop pins on a 2.5 acre lot in 3-4 weeks. That seems insane.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PGAEMU:

I am calling around because I was quoted almost 5k to drop pins on a 2.5 acre lot in 3-4 weeks. That seems insane.
View Quote

cost me 1K 8 years ago for less than 1/2 acre..........
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By nutter:

cost me 1K 8 years ago for less than 1/2 acre..........
View Quote

Depending on the numbers I get back it may be cheaper to have my attorney send them a letter. I have already talked to them, they are insistent on their claims but have no survey to back it up. These are NYC transplants that have been here less than 8 months, while my family has owned this property for over 40 years…
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Depending on the numbers I get back it may be cheaper to have my attorney send them a letter. I have already talked to them, they are insistent on their claims but have no survey to back it up. These are NYC transplants that have been here less than 8 months, while my family has owned this property for over 40 years…
View Quote

Neighbor disputes suck… good luck
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Make sure the surveyor isn't in the neighbors' pocket - 1st current survey usually sticks if there isn't one already on the town record
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
This will show you what the town has on file for dimensions of property boundaries, whether or not iron pins are set, etc.  Keep zooming in and re-centering until you find the property.

Wilton CT G.I.S.
View Quote

That is a great resource
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
This will show you what the town has on file for dimensions of property boundaries, whether or not iron pins are set, etc.  Keep zooming in and re-centering until you find the property.

Wilton CT G.I.S.
View Quote

Yes, I have that, neighbors are trying to put a shed on my land lol.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Yes, I have that, neighbors are trying to put a shed on my land lol.
View Quote

No need for a surveyor when you can hire Clint Eastwood.

I SAID: Get off my lawn - longer version | Gran Torino
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#16]
This is exactly what I borrowed from a coworker to find my pins.

Find the 2 pins and put an orange fiberglass rod (like for marking driveways in winter) there.
Look line of sight between 2, or setup a 3rd, and you'll get an idea whether you need a surveyor.

Go this route and you'll be done tomorrow afternoon
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:00:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leon82] [#18]
I got a couple quotes for mine .

Civil 1 In Wouldbury was reasonable and I'm going with them once I'm ready
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:04:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edgephoto] [#19]
Let them build the shed. Once finished have a surveyor mark the boundaries. If it is on your land it is now your shed with your contents.

I have 15 acres of heavy woods I am getting surveyed. When I hired surveyor/engineer to do a site plan for the house build, he said, "this map and survey is great. We only need to check it and locate the pins". Well once he located the pins it turns out the deed doesn't match the map and some pins are way off, as much as 100'. I am now getting things corrected and a new deed filed with the town. Costing me $7900. There is a metric ton of machete work required plus new molars and a deed.

I think the neighbor way in the back has a portion of his driveway on my land. Once I know for sure, he will be moving it or paying me for that piece of land.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

It's probably a full A2 .

You can probably have them do just the questionable side unless you want the hole shibang
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#21]
RKW Land Surveying 203-966-3501

Has used them 3x, very pleased.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Found a guy out of Monroe for 2100. Ill post up his info once he delivers and does a good job. 3 week lead time which was the average for every place I called.
Top Top