Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2024 3:54:09 AM EDT
I know i should just get better at sharpening my own knives. But i have one that i just cant get razor sharp. Most of my knives i can keep very sharp with regular stropping. But i have  one made out of M4 that I love but I just cant keep sharp.

I am sure i am over thinking this. But i just dont trust your run of the mill sharpening service. Over the years and during my travels i have found local small knife makers that CARE about there work and have always had good luck. In adition i have had fun meeting nice people the understand knives and craftsmanship.

Anyone near Helena, Great Falls or Bozeman that is trustworthy to put a good edge on knives?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a fella named kitco on Montana gun trader that sells a lot of custom knives in the Helena area…he seems to have a lot of good feedback.  I haven’t dealt with him personally, but have admired some of his wares.

That’s the only one I know of down that way.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I desided to give it a try again myself. I have been doing ok with just the strop on my other knives. But this one is M4 and possibly a much harder steel. I passed it over a diamond stone a few times and then the strop. Its not perfect but much better.
Top Top