Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2024 12:29:53 PM EDT
So now that NYC basically has to give carry permits, and can't demand a "proper cause," why not get your county permit authorized for NYC?

Cost is $340 plus fingerprints...maybe a couple fun trips to 1 police plaza...but why not?

Wondering if they will make you do the stupid training? Even if you already have a county permit and are just looking to get it stamped for NYC? They shouldn't be but who knows?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
And do what, exactly?  Park my car in an overpriced lot to carry on some sidewalks and not enter any buildings?  Even if I wanted to go to NYC there is a cop every 20 feet in the tourist areas... I'd be much more worried about getting jammed up by NYPD over legal carry than an encounter with a thug.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GTwannabe:
And do what, exactly?  Park my car in an overpriced lot to carry on some sidewalks and not enter any buildings?  Even if I wanted to go to NYC there is a cop every 20 feet in the tourist areas... I'd be much more worried about getting jammed up by NYPD over legal carry than an encounter with a thug.
View Quote

Why wouldn't you enter any buildings?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DaveM4P99:

View Quote

He's pointing out that the CCIA essentially made the entire city a sensitive area
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:48:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#4]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

He's pointing out that the CCIA essentially made the entire city a sensitive area
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not anymore though right? The private property ban was lifted. And nobody is posting those stupid no gun signs that I have seen.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Not anymore though right? The private property ban was lifted. And nobody is posting those stupid no gun signs that I have seen.
View Quote

Maybe I missed where that change happened. I cant imagine Houchel allowing that change without vaporlocking
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Maybe I missed where that change happened. I cant imagine Houchel allowing that change without vaporlocking
View All Quotes

The 2nd circuits recent decision said that NY couldn't just ban carry in ALL private properties, and only allow carry if a "guns allowed" sign was posted.

They declared that a no go.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#7]

The 2nd circuits recent decision said that NY couldn't just ban carry in ALL private properties, and only allow carry if a "guns allowed" sign was posted.

View Quote

Carry is still banned on the train, subway, and buses in addition to any venue a tourist might wish to visit in NYC.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#8]

Carry is still banned on the train, subway, and buses in addition to any venue a tourist might wish to visit in NYC.
View All Quotes

Not really...just times square. Which is awful anyway.

Subways? Busses? Nobody uses those unless you really have to.

I just want to get a NYC carry permit and stick it to them by carrying in public.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Wait! What? We can legally carry like before the hochal bs? Misspelled intentionally, because you know....
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:46:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#10]
Originally Posted By DancingBear:

Wait! What? We can legally carry like before the hochal bs? Misspelled intentionally, because you know....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DancingBear:

Lol guys...the 2nd circuit even said NY can't do a defacto ban on carry for private businesses. So the "you can only carry if a guns allowed sign is shown" is unconstitutional.

But if the place has a no gun sign, you can't carry. As if anyone will pay attention to that anyway.

There is still the long list of sensitive places that are restricted. Some got tossed but for the most part that remains.

We / GOA appealed this entire 2nd circuit decision to SCOTUS even though we kinda won...we want to get rid of the sensitive/restricted places and all the other CCIA restrictions like training and good moral character etc.

Scotus is hopefully going to decide on "good moral character" (which is just as arbitrary as proper cause)...AND whether 2nd amendment historical analysis should be done with 1790s in mind, or 1860s... obviously we want 1790s and that's what Thomas already spelled out...but here we are.

And if it's 1790s...there goes the rest of the CCIA and NYS AWB laws.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LamePostCount:
View Quote
Unfortunately some of the newer tech (well unfortunately for those who are otherwise law abiding and know the restrictions are unconstitutional) can passively detect people carrying weapons. Millimeter wave scanners can print a concealed weapon. I believe they were testing it in the NYC subway years ago just before COVID. We are getting ever closer to the weapons detector in the movie "Total Recall".
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Aardvark:
Unfortunately some of the newer tech (well unfortunately for those who are otherwise law abiding and know the restrictions are unconstitutional) can passively detect people carrying weapons. Millimeter wave scanners can print a concealed weapon. I believe they were testing it in the NYC subway years ago just before COVID. We are getting ever closer to the weapons detector in the movie "Total Recall".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LamePostCount:

I'm so glad I live in a free state. I get that it's your home but wow. I actually have a young family member who took a job upstate out of school, and I refuse to set foot in NY. Some other family members went to visit a while back and did a side trip through NYC and said upstate is fine, but they have no desire to go back to NYC.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

I think NYPD was also playing around with concealed mm wave scanners in panel trucks and vans to scan people walking down the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#15]
NYC is on my list of places I won’t go, and could care less to go. It’s right up there with North Korea, China, Cuba, Russia, Iran
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:
NYC is on my list of places I won't go, and could care less to go. It's right up there with North Korea, China, Cuba, Russia, Iran
View Quote
It's funny, I live about 9 miles from the NYC (Queens) border to the west. I have not crossed into NYC in years (well before 2020). Have had no reason to as I drive all around the island and there is nothing in the city I need to see. But more and more I am grateful that most of the nonsense going on in NYC does not stray too far east of the border. The border communities have their share of spillover crime (Great Neck, Floral Park, Bellerose, Valley Stream/Green Acres Mall) but only a few daring crooks venture far into Nassau County. Thankfully the NCPD and our DA have a zero tolerance for the NYC $#!T and I am sure word has gotten out that they are far safer staying in NYC to ply their trade. Their DA's are far more lenient We have enough problems with our own homegrown riff raff.
Top Top