Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 54
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Police: Secaucus gun range employee pointed weapon at customer during dispute

An employee of Long Shot Pistol and Rifle in Secaucus was arrested over the weekend for allegedly pointing a weapon at a customer during a verbal dispute.

By John Heinis/Hudson County View

Jonathan Rojas, 35, of Jersey City, was charged with aggravated assault, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, and unjustifiable display of a handgun, Secaucus Police Chief Dennis Miller said in a statement.

On Saturday at approximately 9:14 p.m., Secaucus police officers responded to Long Shot, located at 375 County Ave., on a report of dispute between a patron and an employee.

"The person arrested is a Range Safety Officer with Long Shot who possesses a handgun carry permit. He had a dispute with a customer because the customer was violating range rules," Miller said in an email.

"At the time of the dispute the customer was unarmed, did not have access to a firearm any longer nor was the customer on the firing line any longer. Despite those facts, as the dispute continued the Range Safety [Officers drew his handgun and pointed it at the unarmed customer."

Rojas was issued his complaint warrant and was subsequently transported to the Hudson County Correctional Facility, police said.
View Quote

Hudson County View

I wasn't sure where to put this news story but figured since the accused has (had?) a PTC I'd post it here.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Who here remembers Brian Aitken?

Anatomy of a Self-Defense Trial

Nobody thinks they're the bad guy. And fortunately, for most of us, we aren't.

We simply want to go about our lives, make a decent living, eat well, live in a nice home and enjoy quality time with our family and friends. But sometimes, a situation arises, a person or people show up who want to disrupt that harmony, and it forces us to respond, oftentimes on their ugly terms.

Think of a situation where a purse snatcher runs up on a woman who must now struggle to keep her belongings from being stolen or herself harmed, a carjacker who approaches a stopped car with a family inside or something as simple as a disagreement over work or money that escalates to a physical attack. For those people who legally carry a handgun for self-defense, in extreme cases, they can find themselves forced to make that potentially life-altering decision on whether or not to use deadly force to defend themselves. But what's the alternative? Allow criminals or violent attackers to decide your fate?

That was the situation in which Telluride, Colorado, resident Brian Aitken found himself in November 2021, following an altercation with local contractor Andrew Montalvo. Montalvo allegedly began beating on Aitken, knocking him from his front step to the ground. Aitken, who is physically smaller than his aggressor and was lying injured in his yard as the attack continued, was forced to finally draw the handgun he was legally carrying and fire a single shot that struck Montalvo and immediately ended the attack.
View Quote

continued

Link Posted: 8/21/2024 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 8/21/2024 2:01:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#4]
In case anyone missed this:

Link Posted: 8/21/2024 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/21/2024 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
RSO's in action ....LOL. some of those guys take it way to serious. now he may lose carry.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 8:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
RSO's in action ....LOL. some of those guys take it way to serious. now he may lose carry.
View Quote
I sure would like to see the video of what happened but if the reporting was accurate then the RSO was in the wrong.

eta:

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:01:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#8]
GunForHireRadio 692. 2A Heavy Hitter Christian T joins us in the studio to inspire us.

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  

2A Heavy Hitter Christian T joins us in the studio to inspire us as well as discuss the types of NJ Gun Owners. Which are you? As Christian says we must have "Unity in the Essentials and Liberty in the Non Essentials".

Tune in, like, follow, share, and learn.
View Quote

GFH radio #692

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Gun Lawyer #200

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:18:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#10]
most RSO's let that shit get to their heads. i have no use for most of them.
its why i shoot mostly on private property. im tired of fkn assholes. or idiot shooters. im tired
of most people. the guys that recite every gun law as im just trying to shoot, etc. its in PA too. and then
you have the ultra Fudds there that think shooting is strictly off the bench or to zero a hunting gun.
anything more is extreme.

Originally Posted By Demeroma:
I sure would like to see the video of what happened but if the reporting was accurate then the RSO was in the wrong.

eta:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-08-22_212429_sconten-3301803.png

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
most RSO's let that shit get to their heads. i have no use for most of them.
its why i shoot mostly on private property. im tired of fkn assholes. or idiot shooters. im tired
of most people. the guys that recite every gun law as im just trying to shoot, etc. its in PA too. and then
you have the ultra Fudds there that think shooting is strictly off the bench or to zero a hunting gun.
anything more is extreme.

View Quote

Years ago I used to get the stink eye from the Fudds when I'd pull out my Bushmaster. Even had one guy come over and strike up a conversation with me about my rifle. He was the type that only shot one round every 15 minutes or so. He said he was getting ready to go on a hunting trip to Alaska with this bolt action and was curious what my rifle was for. I told him it's my plinker and that I like to target shoot with it. That's when he turned around and went straight to the RSO and started pointing in my direction while talking to the RSO.

When I was done for the day, I went up to the RSO and asked him about that guy. The RSO told me that the guy asked him to keep an eye on me because he didn't trust me or my shooting ability.

I used to shoot at a range in Virginia that I don't even think had an RSO. That was a free for all to say the least. Here in NJ I've never had a problem with an RSO. They're there to keep a safe range and I've even had a couple help me out when I had questions or needed assistance zeroing an optic. Sure there might be some that are pricks but there are probably many new shooters that may be unsafe because they don't know any better and may need the assistance and guidance of an RSO.

I'm not an RSO but if I can help someone new at the range I'll do so and if I see something unsafe, I'll call a cease fire if needed or let the offending party know they're doing something wrong if the RSO isn't around.

Wait a minute. Am I a Fudd now?

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#12]
im not an RSO. i refuse to pay the NRA.
its really none of the guys business and his one round every hour bench shoot.
if your unsafe then one gets hammered. not unsafe should be left alone no matter what firearm you shoot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#13]
A bit of a thread drift but figured what the heck.

GFH; WeShoot and Cherry Ridge to name a few.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#14]
NONE
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/28/2024 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/28/2024 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#18]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-08-27_161654_x_com-3306392.png

View Quote

And no surprise the scumbag is a repeat offender who was just released from jail, stabbed a CO in the neck while in prison.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 8/28/2024 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By bigford632:

And no surprise the scumbag is a repeat offender who was just released from jail, stabbed a CO in the neck while in prison.
View Quote

All by design thanks to the New Jersey Governor, NJ Senate, NJ Assembly, NJ Courts, etc.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/1/2024 12:10:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#23]
GunForHireRadio 693 Our heavy hitter series continues with Rennie Jacob (aka Brown Santa)

Our heavy hitter series continues with Rennie Jacob (aka Brown Santa) on what it means to grow the community.

Also thanks to NJNICS.com we name and shame all the gun free zone businesses.

Listen, learn, like, follow, and share.
View Quote

GFH radio #693

Link Posted: 9/1/2024 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Gun Lawyer #201
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 11:09:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#25]

eta:

Link Posted: 9/1/2024 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#26]
A John Petrolino article on how some towns have been put on notice that they are using health, safety and welfare to disqualify applicants.

Jurisdictions Using 'Subjective Standard' in N.J. for Carry Permits Put on Notice

link
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#27]
FYI out of state residents:

Out of state Non-resident NJ PTC applicant information. NJSP has changed "apply to the closest non toll road station" to
"please email [email protected] for further directions".

Excellent information, Compliments of

J Kris Krogstad
Fingerprinting: All applicants applying for any firearm application in New Jersey must be fingerprinted one time to complete their background. In rare instances, you may need to be fingerprinted again if a problem occurred with the processing of your fingerprints. After an applicant is fingerprinted for a firearms application, a SBI number is created for the applicant which will allow them to apply for a Concealed Carry Permit. Applicants can visit the Identogo website (https://uenroll.identogo.com/ ) to schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted and Identogo has locations across the country to be fingerprinted that are listed on their website. When scheduling, the applicant must provide a fingerprint service code (2F164B), the investigating agency's ORI# (you can use NJNSPG500 for the Firearms Investigation Unit), and a Contributors Case Number (use the first letter in your first name, last name, month, day, and year. Example: Joe Doe goes on the Identogo site to schedule fingerprints on Jan 8, 2022.  The Contributor Case Number will be JDoe010822.) The concealed carry application must be submitted online within ninety (90) days of being fingerprinted.  
Obtaining your SBI number:  Five days after completion of your fingerprinting, you can email [email protected] for your New Jersey SBI number. Please provide your driver's license number or state identification number, name as it appears on your identification, and cell phone number.  Enter the following into the subject line of your email: "SBI number request, out of state PTC". Your SBI number will allow you to proceed to apply online.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 12:22:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#28]
GunForHireRadio 694 Train, Train, Train. Director of Training at GunForHire Tony Urena joins us.

Train, Train, Train.

Director of Training at GunForHire Tony Urena joins us in the studio to discuss carry, classes, and mind set.

Please listen, like, share, and follow
View Quote

GFH radio #694

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Out of state Non-resident NJ PTC applicant information. NJSP has changed "apply to the closest non toll road station" to
"please email [email protected] for further directions".

Excellent information, Compliments of

J Kris Krogstad
Fingerprinting: All applicants applying for any firearm application in New Jersey must be fingerprinted one time to complete their background. In rare instances, you may need to be fingerprinted again if a problem occurred with the processing of your fingerprints. After an applicant is fingerprinted for a firearms application, a SBI number is created for the applicant which will allow them to apply for a Concealed Carry Permit. Applicants can visit the Identogo website (https://uenroll.identogo.com/ ) to schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted and Identogo has locations across the country to be fingerprinted that are listed on their website. When scheduling, the applicant must provide a fingerprint service code (2F164B), the investigating agency's ORI# (you can use NJNSPG500 for the Firearms Investigation Unit), and a Contributors Case Number (use the first letter in your first name, last name, month, day, and year. Example: Joe Doe goes on the Identogo site to schedule fingerprints on Jan 8, 2022.  The Contributor Case Number will be JDoe010822.) The concealed carry application must be submitted online within ninety (90) days of being fingerprinted.  
Obtaining your SBI number:  Five days after completion of your fingerprinting, you can email [email protected] for your New Jersey SBI number. Please provide your driver's license number or state identification number, name as it appears on your identification, and cell phone number.  Enter the following into the subject line of your email: "SBI number request, out of state PTC". Your SBI number will allow you to proceed to apply online.

Serious question that they don't address, what if you're a non-resident and have a valid NJ fid. Do you still need to go through all the bullshit of being fingerprinted? You're already in the system. nj's entire CCW process for residents and non-residents is retarded and unconstitutional.

Not that I have any plans on jumping through the ridiculous hoops to get a nj CCW but my FID is still valid. I had my address changed on it. I just don't see where the state even addresses non-residents that still hold valid FID cards.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#30]
https://youtu.be/y6Y9TGrG8zw?si=pg1JVmxZ4liDxTBm

Everyone needs a laugh about New Jersey.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Maxwell:

Maxwell
View Quote

That was well worth watching thanks - for those who have not checked it out it's about all the trolls who asked for gun free zone stickers, it's a riot
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#32]

That was well worth watching thanks - for those who have not checked it out it's about all the trolls who asked for gun free zone stickers, it's a riot
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Maxwell:

Maxwell

Gun Owners Troll New Jersey

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Serious question that they don't address, what if you're a non-resident and have a valid NJ fid. Do you still need to go through all the bullshit of being fingerprinted? You're already in the system. nj's entire CCW process for residents and non-residents is retarded and unconstitutional.

Not that I have any plans on jumping through the ridiculous hoops to get a nj CCW but my FID is still valid. I had my address changed on it. I just don't see where the state even addresses non-residents that still hold valid FID cards.
View Quote
NJ couldn't care less about residents with a FID so why should it care about non-residents seeking a PTC?

You already have an SBI# so no fingerprinting required if you ever do want to apply for a PTC.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm currently deep behind enemy lines in Hochul land and haven't had a chance to post as often as I'd like on Arfcom.

Here's this past Sunday's Gun Lawyer podcast.

Gun Lawyer #202

I'll try to post more current items in the near future.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#35]
Gun For Hire Radio 695 Assemblyman Robert Auth joins us to discuss the three ways to Vote

Assemblyman Robert Auth joins us to discuss the three ways to Vote and the pros and cons of each!

https://authforassembly.com/  

Remember ALL politics is local.

Please like, follow, learn, and share.
View Quote

GFH radio #695

Link Posted: Yesterday 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#36]
New Imprisonment Threats by Gun Rights Oppressors

I'm Evan Nappen, and welcome to Gun Lawyer. So, I need to tell you about a very serious threat. A threat of imprisonment of gun owners. What I call the Gun Owner Gulag. Only, they're looking to make it even worse. I'm going to tell you about this threat, and they're concealing the threat as the way the gun rights suppressors often do. They promote one thing while pushing other things that are even more detrimental to our gun rights, and in this case, our personal liberty and freedom and not being imprisoned and held without bail to the extreme.
View Quote

Gun Lawyer #203
Link Posted: Today 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#37]

shootingrange.com
View Quote

I am the person who posted this blog post about gun for hire.
Link Posted: Today 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#38]
more doom and gloom

New Imprisonment Threats by Gun Rights Oppressors

Gun Lawyer #203
View Quote

Page / 54
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top