Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2024 3:02:15 PM EDT
Was outside yesterday and some college age kid came up on a Segway. First clue I should have paid attention to was my terrier who loves every stranger tried to bite him. He gave me some spiel and name dropped some house on our street they are doing work for. Told him I wasn't interested at the moment and asked for a business card....which conveniently he didn't have. Couple other little things that seemed off at the time.

Looked it up today and it's crazy how many "Segway pest salesman" hits there are. Moral of the story it's all bullshit and don't give these people the time of day. First time I've heard of this scam
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
One rolled up to my place... "White Knight Pest Control" I think.  

Me: "I wouldn't do anything today, I'd want to think about it."  --  Him: "Offer is today only."  --  red flag

Me: "Got a business card?"  --  Him: "No."  --  red flag  

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Had a Segway riding guy come by for an established local pest control company, I verified with two neighbors that they use them and are satisfied.  They target new customers around existing customers to reduce drive time from going all over town.  Seems pretty smart to me.  

Within a month after that two other Segway guys came by, both of them selling for no-name companies with no established online presence which seemed sketchy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DrMark:
One rolled up to my place... "White Knight Pest Control" I think.  

Me: "I wouldn't do anything today, I'd want to think about it."  --  Him: "Offer is today only."  --  red flag

Me: "Got a business card?"  --  Him: "No."  --  red flag  

View Quote

White knight is it. They got the old people at the end of the street. Dude was trying for that commission
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Morgan321:
Had a Segway riding guy come by for an established local pest control company, I verified with two neighbors that they use them and are satisfied.  They target new customers around existing customers to reduce drive time from going all over town.  Seems pretty smart to me.  

Within a month after that two other Segway guys came by, both of them selling for no-name companies with no established online presence which seemed sketchy.
View Quote

Cook's and Sand Mountain Pest are huge around here. We've never had them do this. This company isn't BBB accredited
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top