Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2024 6:47:11 PM EDT
On 28 September, the Big Piney Sportsman's Club will host a three-event fund raiser for the Children's Miracle Network. There will be a trap shoot, rifle match, and 2-Gun match. You may shoot in all three events, two events, or just a single event. The entry fee is $50.00 and it covers all three events. Start time is 10:00 am.

The trap shoot will be 100 shells, shot in four rounds of 25 shells each.

The 2-Gun match will be 100 rounds of rifle and 60 rounds of handgun ammunition. It will be divided into two runs of 50 rounds of rifle and 30 rounds of handgun ammunition.

The rifle match will be 20 rounds fired at 200, 300 and 400 yards. The targets will be 12" steel plates. The 200-yard target is worth 1 point, the 300-yard target is worth 2 points, and the 400-yard target is worth 3 points. You can shoot any number of rounds at any one target. You have the option of shooting a second set of 20 rounds with the same rifle or a different rifle.

Since there will be no overall winners, there will be prizes for each event.

Lunch will be provided free of charge.

The Big Piney Sportsman's Club is located on Hwy B between Raymondville and Houston in Texas County.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
@ozarkgunrunner

How do we sign up?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Simply show up.  There is no pre-registration.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
@ozarkgunrunner you don't post on the Reloading Discord do you?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Odd.  The exact same thing was posted there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll take a look at.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 5:16:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drobs] [#7]
My neighbor shoots long range black powder cartridge there and has been trying to get me to join.

I shot there for the 1st time (as a guest) a couple weeks ago on a Friday with another friend. My initial impression was the range set up didn't make sense. We were shooting at the 100yd through 300yd gongs on the 600yd range. The 3 berms are way on the left of the range. I mentioned this to my neighbor and he's like you need to shoot on the far left range as there are more gongs and berms to shoot at.

I was like well that makes more sense. I felt like we were shooting at an angle.

Some of the F Class shooters were there when we 1st arrived. They asked if we would mind them setting up targets as it would take them 20 minutes to do so. We said that would be fine and ran our own paper targets down to 100yd and 200yd stands.

My rule, when others are down range, is that you step away from the bench and don't handle your firearms. We did exactly that.  Then had some old timer walks to down to us, doesn't offer a greeting, and basically stares at us. I'm done interacting with weird people and didn't say hello to him either. We basically sat there and ignored him.

He wandered back down to his bench and started fucking with his rifle while the others were still down range!!!

I mentioned that to my neighbor and he said there is no range safety class provided to new members.

It's a 2 hour drive for me out there and while I like gongs and the longer distances, I still have no plans to join.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't mind going out there to stretch the legs on my 300prc.    I've never shot it or anything past 400.   Kinda want to learn what I'm capable of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top