Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2024 5:34:14 PM EDT
I'm not having any luck in Summerville finding anything allocated.

Help me win at life.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:55:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man] [#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Bottles in MtP with good luck. I won't encourage anyone to go to Total Wines as the owners are commie scum, one of them serving as a congressman in Marylandistan.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Be a man. Jim Beam FTMFW.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:
Go to GA.  I can't find anything in Lex/Columbia that isn't 4-5x markup.  I go to Augusta and buy Eagle Rare for $37 and BT for $28.
View Quote

It's a 2.5 hour drive to Augusta which isn't bad and probably a nice drive. Same drive time to MB which I do a lot.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Be a man. Jim Beam FTMFW.

View Quote
The new JB black 7 year is very good.

I'm a Buffalo Trace fanatic.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The perfect girlfriend Jim Beam commercial
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Heading to the Charleston area this weekend for a family event. Anywhere decent along I95 in SC or in the Mt Pleasant area for bourbon hunting other than Bottles package store? Not looking to drive into Georgia. Virginia is an ABC store state and anything decent is usually allocated. I know North Carolina is about the same. Thanks, YCB
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:32:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StylesBitchley] [#10]
Originally Posted By d16man:
Go to GA.  I can't find anything in Lex/Columbia that isn't 4-5x markup.  I go to Augusta and buy Eagle Rare for $37 and BT for $28.
View Quote

Yeah prices are oddly strange in the Midlands. I may make the trip to Augusta sometime to look around, any places in particular to check?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By StylesBitchley:

Yeah prices are oddly strange in the Midlands. I may make the trip to Augusta sometime to look around, any places in particular to check?
View Quote

Yeah,
Beverage Outlet on Bobby Jones Exp. west of I-20
Toast Wine and Beverage at 417 Fury's Ferry Rd.
Augusta Liquors at the Costco off Riverwatch Parkway
Harvard Wine and Beverage 110 old Evans Rd, Martinez.
Wheeler Package at 3668 Wheeler Rd
All are not too far from I-20.

That should keep you busy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Sanlanman:

Yeah,

View Quote

You should avoid Total Wine. Despite being convenient, the owners are liberal POS and one of the brother's in a congressional rep in Maryland and is trying to run for a Senate seat. He's bad news and has the means to do a lot of damage.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ctnsupra1:

You should avoid Total Wine. Despite being convenient, the owners are liberal POS and one of the brother's in a congressional rep in Maryland and is trying to run for a Senate seat. He's bad news and has the means to do a lot of damage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ctnsupra1:

Yeah,

Hey Dummy, I said TOAST, Wine and Beverage, not Total Wine and Beverage. Reading is fundemental!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Hey Dummy, I said TOAST, Wine and Beverage, not Total Wine and Beverage. Reading is fundemental!!!!!
View Quote

You’re right, I misread the Toast part. Please forgive me, your highness.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 5:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: freerider04] [#15]
Dev on Dorchester Rd has a few things.  Some like Blanton's, BT, and 1792 full proof require you to buy a store pick.  They have others that are tough to come across as well that don't require it.

I've never had a bad store pick from them.  Their Elijah Craig pick is fantastic.  If Jay is in, talk to him.  He loves bourbon (and rye)

Anything particular you're looking for?
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By freerider04:
Dev on Dorchester Rd has a few things.  Some like Blanton's, BT, and 1792 full proof require you to buy a store pick.  They have others that are tough to come across as well that don't require it.

I've never had a bad store pick from them.  Their Elijah Craig pick is fantastic.  If Jay is in, talk to him.  He loves bourbon (and rye)

Anything particular you're looking for?
View Quote

I've been to DEV. They have an online store.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I went to the Calabash lottery and got a bottle of Eagle Rare for $48. That will run you close to double in most places in Charleston.

At the moment I'm focused on gathering BT allocated stuff but I'm a fan of everything BT.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Update:
A friend and I made a road trip to Augusta today. Went to a bookstore downtown 'cause he was looking for something special and I wanted to get rid of some books, then lunch at Reinhart's Oyster Bar on Washington Rd. Then we made a circle tour of liquor stores in west Augusta/Martinez/Evans. Hit Toast beverage on Fury's Ferry Road and thought we found a deal on Eagle Rare at $49.95 and other harder to find bourbons like Green River Full Proof. Then went up the road to CHEERS but found higher prices and nothing we wanted, and then over to Liqourland in Evans. Big store, but nothing jumped out at us. They had Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare on the shelf. My friend bought a bottle of some Japanese Whiskey/Scotch he was interested in. Next stop was the newer BEVERAGE OUTLET on Washington Rd. Jackpot: Eagle Rare was on the shelf at $44.95, as was Buffalo Trace at $34.95. There, I bought Four Roses Single Barrel on sale for $46.99 and the James E Pepper Decanter at $54.95 instead of 64.95 other places. Then we went to the old Beverage Outlet on Bobby Jones Expressway extension, and I bought a bottle of New Riff Single Barrel. Friend bought a bottle of some Japanese Vodka. He went to Japan last year and is on a kick to find stuff he drank over there.

Left there and headed back to Lexington County.

If you are looking to drop some serious coin on good harder to find Bourbons and other spirits, a road trip to the West August area is worth it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top