Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2024 11:05:08 AM EDT
I know it’s a stretch but I’m looking for information from anyone who’s stayed at the Bull Trout Lake campground, specifically one of the group sites.

It’s hard to tell from Google Earth photos but I’m trying to find out how many trailers could fit in those sites.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy and I made the trip up there yesterday to scope it out.

In case anyone was wondering, there are two group sites at Bull Trout lake campground, numbers 33 and 34.  33 has 6 camping spurs that will hold trailers with two of those being really big double sites and you could probably fit another 1-2 next to the group site.

Site 34 has 8 camping spurs with 2 of them being double sites.

Hope this may help someone!
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have never understood the appeal of a camping trailer.  For all the shit I see people drag with them out to the field, why in the do they even bother leaving home?

I always thought the whole point of going out to the great outdoors was to separate yourself from the comforts of home and use that time in nature to appreciate what you have at home. Not drag half your worldly, near useless shit into the woods.  I’m not against people having that kind of stuff but when you go out to the woods and see nearly every clearing or campground looking like Bish’s RV with ten or more trailers shoe horned into it and people ripping around on dirt bikes, shooting guns and fireworks of in all directions and other compounding forms of douchebaggery, it’s hard to form a compelling arguement in support the practice.

Link Posted: 6/21/2024 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DefensorFortis:
I have never understood the appeal of a camping trailer.  For all the shit I see people drag with them out to the field, why in the do they even bother leaving home?

I always thought the whole point of going out to the great outdoors was to separate yourself from the comforts of home and use that time in nature to appreciate what you have at home. Not drag half your worldly, near useless shit into the woods.  I’m not against people having that kind of stuff but when you go out to the woods and see nearly every clearing or campground looking like Bish’s RV with ten or more trailers shoe horned into it and people ripping around on dirt bikes, shooting guns and fireworks of in all directions and other compounding forms of douchebaggery, it’s hard to form a compelling arguement in support the practice.

View Quote

I see your point. It’s how we choose to spend our time together as a family in the outdoors.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By matt58:

I see your point. It’s how we choose to spend our time together as a family in the outdoors.
View Quote

Fair enough. With an answer like that I don’t think you fall into the categories I listed in my last post.  

My ire stems from all the stupidity I’ve seen in the back country thats been ratcheting up in the last few years and has been compounded by the recent transplants flooding into areas I once had to myself or I shared with good folks who didn’t stink the place up.  I have a bad feeling at the rate we’re going with all the pollution, vandalism, littering etc. it will cause us to loose access to many prime spots out there.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DefensorFortis:

Fair enough. With an answer like that I don’t think you fall into the categories I listed in my last post.  

My ire stems from all the stupidity I’ve seen in the back country thats been ratcheting up in the last few years and has been compounded by the recent transplants flooding into areas I once had to myself or I shared with good folks who didn’t stink the place up.  I have a bad feeling at the rate we’re going with all the pollution, vandalism, littering etc. it will cause us to loose access to many prime spots out there.
View Quote

We do a large company camp out every year and have been going to Baumgartner Hot Springs since 2011 and this is the first year we’re not going due to everything you mentioned above. So we decided to try somewhere new this year.

It all started during Covid…
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 12:15:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#6]
Matt, I'm coming over there this weekend to crash your little party!!

Btw, I just came back from Baumgartner. It was quiet and clean. This was my third year in a row going there. Definitely will be going there again and again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 11:49:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefensorFortis] [#7]
I think the key thing would be to go further out than the weekend warriors, the mulleted flatbilled peckerheads and the Instagram Glampers are willing to go. I used to think a six hour drive to a campground is too far, perhaps not anymore.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Matt, I'm coming over there this weekend to crash your little party!!

Btw, I just came back from Baumgartner. It was quiet and clean. This was my third year in a row going there. Definitely will be going there again and again.
View Quote

Bring it! There’s room! At Baumgartner, we always stayed in the dispersed camping area across Kelly Creek. The number of dipshits on dirt bikes, quads, and SxSs that would rip through camp with zero respect for anyone else has always been absurd and has gotten worse over the last few years, enough that everyone wanted to try a different spot!
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#10]
@migradog

Will that camper accommodate a 74” wide SxS? I can’t find anything I like.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks. It’s hard to find something “just right”.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
Thanks. It’s hard to find something “just right”.
View Quote

Have you seen/checked out the trailers with the sleeping quarters in the front with a giant flatbed in the rear? Dennis Dillon of I84 in Boise has one on display.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Have you seen/checked out the trailers with the sleeping quarters in the front with a giant flatbed in the rear? Dennis Dillon of I84 in Boise has one on display.
View Quote

I’ve seen a few models. My problem is the trailers that are wide enough are usually too big for my purposes. I’ll check them out the next time I’m in the area. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#15]
The ones we’ve looked at were too small for us but had a pretty big rear deck for the big SxSs but the living quarters were too small.

I’ll try to find some and post some links.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#16]
This one

Don’t know the width of the deck though…
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 1:31:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#17]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:57:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lungbuster] [#18]
This one

Don’t know the width of the deck though…
View Quote

That’s pretty cool. It might solve the issue I’ve been having.
Usually if it’s wide enough to fit, it also sleeps 8 people. It’s just my wife and I. I don’t need a damn 40’ monstrosity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top