User Panel

CW TEXAS? (Page 1 of 6)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/29/2021 9:59:46 AM EDT
Is this a thing? If so details?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:09:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Splat2013] [#1]
It's not currently a thing. It will likely come back.  

Highly recommend attending a different regional event if you are interested!
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:19:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#4]
It was super drama filled.  The host of three events did a lot of beyond shady shit…including stealing a brand new TA-33H ACOG from me.

The name is tainted and will be for quite a while.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:
It was super drama filled.  The host of three events did a lot of beyond shady shit…including stealing a brand new TA-33H ACOG from me.

View Quote

Oh man- did not know!
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The whole state need not be tainted over the actions of an event.  Hell I went to an event in nebraska....do you have any idea how horrible nebraska is?

If an event pops up in texas this year I would try hard to make it as I like it down there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#11]
100% in.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

That sucks, I was wondering why there haven't been one in a few years.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Was wondering why there seemed to be a... lack of enthusiasm for doing another one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By southerncross:

It's not a lack of enthusiasm. I'd love to attend another CWTX event. The problem is running an event takes a lot of time, effort, and a landowner who is ok with our shenanigans. There has been talk about a couple different options but no one has stepped up and made it a done deal yet. I think it will happen eventually.
View Quote

Gotcha. I would love to attend a CW event, but the number of progeny running around my house makes getting out of state a herculean task. Much easier if it's in state, so I've been waiting in the winds for a few years hoping a new one would pop up. Hopefully it gets sorted out. I unfortunately don't have any relationships with land owners to try and help find a place. Also, does Cola Warrior incorporate 40mm M781 munitions in their shooting stages?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By joshdb50:

Gotcha. I would love to attend a CW event, but the number of progeny running around my house makes getting out of state a herculean task. Much easier if it's in state, so I've been waiting in the winds for a few years hoping a new one would pop up. Hopefully it gets sorted out. I unfortunately don't have any relationships with land owners to try and help find a place. Also, does Cola Warrior incorporate 40mm M781 munitions in their shooting stages?
View Quote

Chalk has been done.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Im looking forward to a future texas event I like getting down to texas and look forward to getting down there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#18]
T

View Quote

Guess the Halberd really went to his head...
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By cwar_USA:

Im looking forward to a future texas event I like getting down to texas and look forward to getting down there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have permanent scars from all the chiggers at Texas 3.

Permethrin and DEET didn’t do shit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

I forgot my tent at home for Texas 1 and slept on the ground on top of my sleeping bag due to the heat. The damn mosquitos were biting the bottoms of my feet through my socks.

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:43:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8eDeuce] [#22]

It's not a lack of enthusiasm. I'd love to attend another CWTX event. The problem is running an event takes a lot of time, effort, and a landowner who is ok with our shenanigans. There has been talk about a couple different options but no one has stepped up and made it a done deal yet. I think it will happen eventually.
View Quote

Anyone know the gents that run TXMGO / Ordinance Lab YouTube channel? Seems like they are the type that would be down for a certain degree of shenanigans and also have land access...

I seem to remember seeing @weapon genetics in one of their videos; it may have been a video about the Syrian hell cannon (homemade mortar tube + mortars) or the re-enactment of the breaking bad wheelchair bomb, don’t remember specifically — so there’s already a colabro connection.

Please forgive if any of these are he who shall not be named...
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I went to the Texas chili event a couple of weeks ago and having a CW event was brought up. There were 4-5 CW vets in attendance. The guy in question has 250 acres. I tried to explain to him more of what it would take to have a CW event as far as facilities and everything else required.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Hope
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:59:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
I went to the Texas chili event a couple of weeks ago and having a CW event was brought up. There were 4-5 CW vets in attendance. The guy in question has 250 acres. I tried to explain to him more of what it would take to have a CW event as far as facilities and everything else required.
View Quote

I am the guy in question and it’s 220acres

@electrojk is a good friend of mine and we’ve talked about it.

I hosted 3 shoots at my place, after the last one and seeing limbs of trees blown out 20-30ft ABOVE the berm it was an easy decision not to have another. Sad because I really enjoyed it.

I have continued to have ARF get togethers and they go well for the most part, we’re actually having another in a couple weeks.

I am still considering a Cola deal, I’d be a host/cook only, I would not be competing.

I’m open to discussion, I’d probably like one or some of the guys that would be running it to come out & visit & check the ranch out and see if it would work for the shooting setups.

Does RustedAce need to sign off?

If someone in charge is interested maybe you would be interested in coming to the next schindig? It’s October 7, 8 & 9th

PM me iffin anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:11:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SirSqueeboo] [#28]
My stolen ACOG is a good example of the caliber of the Cola people.  JohnStoner and WeaponGenetics both called me and offered to replace it.

There is also the legendary story of the wallet that was lost at West and it was turned in with more money in it.

Cola is full of amazing people and I’m blessed to be part of it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I've been looking around and have one possible location but he is unsure of it at this time. I'm trying to get him out to a Cola event but our schedules just do not work out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#31]
If yall find a landowner willing to put up with our shenanigans just let me know. I dont mind setting up yet another CW event.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, Cola Warrior is not happening at my friends place. He's not willing to risk the liability.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:
Well, Cola Warrior is not happening at my friends place. He's not willing to risk the liability.
View Quote
Everything is bigger in Texas. Including the liability risk.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Well crap.

Which video(s) did he see?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

Well crap.

View All Quotes

Well crap.

Attachment Attached File

All the ones on YouTube.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#36]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/F84A650C-2406-46C9-B3D1-D3F7D7319381-693.gif

All the ones on YouTube.
View All Quotes

Well crap.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/F84A650C-2406-46C9-B3D1-D3F7D7319381-693.gif

All the ones on YouTube.

Oops, well that might be partly my fault since I have a couple of thermal spew compilations out there.....
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm still trying to get him out to a Cola Event. We just can't get our schedules lined up for it. I'm not sure it would be a good thing. He'd probably never speak to me again once he sees what a bunch of retards we are. Me being  the biggest idiot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm still trying to get him out to a Cola Event. We just can't get our schedules lined up for it. I'm not sure it would be a good thing. He'd probably never speak to me again once he sees what a bunch of retards we are. Me being  the biggest idiot.
View Quote

The sign up for Heartland is coming up very soon!
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Tried for several years to launch another Cola Warrior Texas without good results. Issue is land and access, plenty of people willing to do work.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:32:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usmcagg02] [#42]
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:41:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wolfjflywheel] [#44]
I’m in 💯% for hosting Cola

It looks like I won’t get my wish of combining Cheesecake and Cola though. I was informed this ain’t a spectator sport.

For those that don’t know what Cheesecake is, it was supposed to be a few Texas HTF guys coming out to my place for BBQ and some plinking, it turned into a 3 day bender with machine guns & BBQ

We had 3 shoots before I got shut down by other family members, we still have togethers every 6 months.

There have always been Cola dudes at my schindigs and although my crippled ass can’t compete I can host.

I had a few Cola dudes out Friday night and one is involved in running an event up north so I got a bunch of questions answered.

I always thought it would be cool to combine our group of misfits with Cola Warrior, and I’d like to erase the stain put on Texas by one chickenshit Motherfucker.

When it warms up a tad I’d like to have some Texas Cola guys come scout & come up with obstacles.

Do I need to get the Ayatollah to sign off ? Is there an application? Help me out here.

I won’t be meddling in anything, just hosting & cooking. I have a Cola dude that I trust with my life, I’d probably want him to either run it or be involved in setting it up.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd be interested in coming up for a visit. I'm not one of the Cola Cadre though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd be interested in coming up for a visit. I'm not one of the Cola Cadre though.
View Quote

Come out to a Cheesecake then

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/-Cheesecake/8-669485/
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 1:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wolfjflywheel] [#47]
I haven’t made it official but should be first weekend of April

ETA: for a cheesecake that is
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By wolfjflywheel:

It looks like I won’t get my wish of combining Cheesecake and Cola though. I was informed this ain’t a spectator sport.

For those that don’t know what Cheesecake is, it was supposed to be a few Texas HTF guys coming out to my place for BBQ and some plinking, it turned into a 3 day bender with machine guns & BBQ

We had 3 shoots before I got shut down by other family members, we still have togethers every 6 months.

There have always been Cola dudes at my schindigs and although my crippled ass can’t compete I can host.

I had a few Cola dudes out Friday night and one is involved in running an event up north so I got a bunch of questions answered.

I always thought it would be cool to combine our group of misfits with Cola Warrior, and I’d like to erase the stain put on Texas by one chickenshit Motherfucker.

When it warms up a tad I’d like to have some Texas Cola guys come scout & come up with obstacles.

Do I need to get the Ayatollah to sign off ? Is there an application? Help me out here.

I won’t be meddling in anything, just hosting & cooking. I have a Cola dude that I trust with my life, I’d probably want him to either run it or be involved in setting it up.

View Quote

Well I’m in for setup/staff/etc
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Come out to a Cheesecake then

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/-Cheesecake/8-669485/
View Quote

I'll definitely have to set aside the date. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I guess I'm getting voluntold for this...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
CW TEXAS? (Page 1 of 6)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top