Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2024 6:39:23 PM EDT
Live by central CT college,  been with verizon for probably 15 years at least, but recently they suck. Called customer service few times, keep getting told towers in area are not great or being fixed. I get 4G most time, very rare 5G, if not on wifi service sucks.

Who's the best coverage wise?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been with verizon 30 years.  Coverage has always been better than my colleagues at work who had AT&T or T-Mobil.  On Verizon, rarely do I connect with 5G though.  Keep in mind with all carriers - there may be 5G coverage, but sometimes its throttled bandwidth, especially in rural areas.  I sometimes switch my phone to force it to stay on full bandwidth 4G
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 1:11:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Verizon was the best for a long time, but took a nosedive a couple years ago. I’ve read it has to do with The transition to 5g but didn’t understand the technical stuff enough to decide if it seemed like a legitimate explanation. Either way, Verizon blows these days in areas it was great even a few years ago.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JeepinMaxx:
I've been with verizon 30 years.  Coverage has always been better than my colleagues at work who had AT&T or T-Mobil.  On Verizon, rarely do I connect with 5G though.  Keep in mind with all carriers - there may be 5G coverage, but sometimes its throttled bandwidth, especially in rural areas.  I sometimes switch my phone to force it to stay on full bandwidth 4G
View Quote

Yea I went in the testing menu and force my phone to not use 5 g. Whenever it connected it was slow as hell
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:57:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nutter] [#4]
Verizon can eat a bag o dicks
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My work phone is Verizon and my own phone is T-Mobile.  My phone almost always has service even when the Verizon phone doesn't.  I also disabled 5G on the Verizon phone as it would look like it had service, but nothing would work, and I notice no speed penalty just leaving it only using LTE.  I leave it enabled on the phone that uses T-Mobile and when it says it's connected, it works fine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My work phone is an iPhone on ATT. It gets good service pretty much anywhere in CT and MA. I can't speak for streaming videos, or crap like that. I use it to make and receive phone calls and for the camera to document things for work. I rarely, if ever, text, use apps or any silly stuff. I do use it when connected to my car for navigation.

I don't have a personal cell phone and look forward to vacation when I turn it off and people can leave me alone.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]
att sucks,

live at elevation near a cell tower, calls suck at the house.

they all suck, plus some of these small service providers use the Verizon system, might be loading it down.

or it just sucks.

Like Steve and Paul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top