Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2024 1:08:52 PM EDT
Recently relocated from AZ to TN.

Seeking recommendations on ranges, FFL's, suppressor dealers, etc.

Would enjoy meeting local ARFcom'rs as well.

PM me for contact info.

Many thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
There’s a couple in Columbia. Kings firearms and Ted’s. There’s one out by the interstate but I can’t remember its name. Most of us shoot at strategic edge over in chapel hill.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:28:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ropin4gold:
There's a couple in Columbia. Kings firearms and Ted's. There's one out by the interstate but I can't remember its name. Most of us shoot at strategic edge over in chapel hill.
View Quote
Came in here to post about that.  Tony, the owner, is an excellent instructor!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Will check them out. Any cerakote recommendations appreciated also.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
if your not on the list, check out strategic edge for a great member only range
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 7:53:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ishootglocks] [#5]
There’s a couple in Columbia. Kings firearms and Ted’s. There’s one out by the interstate but I can’t remember its name. Most of us shoot at strategic edge over in chapel hill.
View Quote

Southern Guns off of Bear Creek. I believe transfer fees at the three listed shops (non NFA) are all $40+ and possibly per item instead of per form, unsure on NFA. Echo 3 Armory out in Chapel Hill seems like a good shop with a good gunsmith, unsure on their transfer though.

There are a couple pawn shops in town with cheaper transfer fees and at least one is per form.

And another +1 for Strategic Edge. I heard from a new member I met the waiting list is around 6 months right now but YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Paging @arowneragain
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kcobean:
Paging @arowneragain
View Quote

Here!

OP, in addition to the shops listed, there's Maury County Gun Club and Eagle Eye in Summertown. You might look at those while waiting on membership at SE. I'm a member of SE myself.

I'd also look at Turkey Ridge for reloading supplies in Lewisburg and TAOS in Chapel Hill for transfers and he also has a gunsmith. The owner is a member here and a good dude, solid member of the community.

https://tennesseearmoryandoutdoorsupply.com/

Echo 3(?) in Chapel Hill has threaded barrels for me before. Seems like a nice guy.

Viribus Solutions up near Franklin has been good to me also for C3 transfers, he also does laser engraving.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Here!

OP, in addition to the shops listed, there's Maury County Gun Club and Eagle Eye in Summertown. You might look at those while waiting on membership at SE. I'm a member of SE myself.

I'd also look at Turkey Ridge for reloading supplies in Lewisburg and TAOS in Chapel Hill for transfers and he also has a gunsmith. The owner is a member here and a good dude, solid member of the community.

Echo 3(?) in Chapel Hill has threaded barrels for me before. Seems like a nice guy.

Viribus Solutions up near Franklin has been good to me also for C3 transfers, he also does laser engraving.  

View Quote
Jackie died at Turkey ridge, it's permanently closed
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Spaceboy:
View Quote

Wait what?

I just checked Facebook. I didn’t know.

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 4:57:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spaceboy] [#10]

Wait what?

I just checked Facebook. I didn't know.

View Quote
He was awesome to talk to.  I had a feeling he didn't have long to live when he did my last transfer based on how he did it.

His location was awesome too, less than a mile from my house.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#11]
TAOS is good to go to. I didn’t  have a good experience at E3A the only time I tried to spend money there but things might have changed now, that was when they first opened.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#12]
TAOS is good to go to. I didn't  have a good experience at E3A the only time I tried to spend money there but things might have changed now, that was when they first opened.
View Quote
I've only dealt with E3A once when I bought some night sights from him.  He installed them for free and I was happy with the work.  That said a bad experience will leave you bitter about something perhaps for life.  There's places I have swore off for good.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Thats 3 ARFCOM AZ refugees in less than a year.
Link Posted: Today 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Here!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top