Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2024 5:11:56 PM EDT
Just wondering if CC is allowed at the Ark.  Kentucky has reciprocity with TX.  Any other special considerations on no go places? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:51:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jeep29] [#1]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#3]
No weapons.  I've been to the Ark and the Creatiom Museum, both are great exhibits.  Hope you enjoy your visit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#4]
It's cc for a reason. I had mine when I went. All they can do is ask you to leave if they see it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 12:42:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: green_bullet] [#5]
They specifically state that certain items can be kept in vehicles, but the language isn't present following the prohibition on weapons, which implies they are prohibiting weapons entirely on the property, including the parking lot.

"Cans, canteens, glass containers, glass bottles, or coolers are not permitted on site (inside or outside) at the Ark Encounter but may be stored in vehicles."

That's an issue for them and they should word it better to expressly permit weapons in vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies.  The wife has been wanting to go for years.  

Would’ve replied sooner, but it’s been a weird week here in North Texas weather wise.  Grid power out since last Tuesday, internet modem got zapped too.  Got them back up this morning.

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By green_bullet:
They specifically state that certain items can be kept in vehicles, but the language isn't present following the prohibition on weapons, which implies they are prohibiting weapons entirely on the property, including the parking lot.

"Cans, canteens, glass containers, glass bottles, or coolers are not permitted on site (inside or outside) at the Ark Encounter but may be stored in vehicles."

That's an issue for them and they should word it better to expressly permit weapons in vehicles.
View Quote

I believe under KY statute they cannot prohibit weapons in vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JMD:

I believe under KY statute they cannot prohibit weapons in vehicles.
View Quote

Exactly, they can't prohibit weapons in vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
No metal detectors = I’m carrying.
Metal detectors = I’m going somewhere else.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 6:47:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Top Top