Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2024 2:40:26 PM EDT
A good friend of mine has a suppressor in jail at Clyde Armory (I know.)

First they took three weeks to submit his Form 4.  Then the F4 was rejected because they "incorrectly transcribed his user ID."

It's been over a month now and when he called today for an update they told him, "We think we fixed the issue but let us look into it. Give us a while and we'll get back to you."  

I'm not sure anything can be done about this current transfer, but for future transfers... recommendations for a SOT who knows what they're doing? Home-based or small shop may be better if they're motivated.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 2:45:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#1]
So far the only NFA dealer that I have used with good success in our area is Georgia Gun store in Athens Gainesville.

Section 8 armory I had high hopes for but they screwed up a guy I knows F4s all got rejected. All the others I’ve spoken too are just ridiculously high.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
So far the only NFA dealer that I have used with good success in our area is Georgia Gun store in Athens.

Section 8 armory I had high hopes for but they screwed up a guy I knows F4s all got rejected. All the others I’ve spoken too are just ridiculously high.
View Quote

I believe that Georgia Gun Store is in Gainesville.

OP- Sorry to hear about your buddy's troubles.
Athens Gun Club [Behind Franklins] is in Athens.
Another good shop is Trading Place in Monroe.

Both are powered by Silencer Shop dealers.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ikickhippies:

I believe that Georgia Gun Store is in Gainesville.

OP- Sorry to hear about your buddy's troubles.
Athens Gun Club [Behind Franklins] is in Athens.
Another good shop is Trading Place in Monroe.

Both are powered by Silencer Shop dealers.
View Quote

Your right had Athens on the brain when I was typing my response.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Your right had Athens on the brain when I was typing my response.
View Quote

NP- You had me thinking that maybe they opened a second location. Had to do a quick double take and search just to be sure.
Mike @ GGS is good people.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]
that’s frustrating.

we have a guy on here that runs Newman Arms Co., i know that’s not near athens, but hes pretty dang good.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Justin at Athens Gun Club has been a breeze to deal with. Ive purchased three from Silencer Shop and did the the transfer with them. He is fast to certify and quick to answer any questions. In my opinion, they are the best to deal with in the area for ATF stuff. Clydes has become difficult to deal with the past few years.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
X2 for Justin at Athens Gun Club. Got all mine through there and was super easy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
that’s frustrating.

we have a guy on here that runs Newnan Arms Co., i know that’s not near athens, but hes pretty dang good.
View Quote

Feel free to transfer to me if you want, remote certification through SS, and you only come to Newnan for pickup.

Eforms really brought out the FUDDs who now have a few mins of work to do vs let silencershop do everything for them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By guncrazy72:
Justin at Athens Gun Club has been a breeze to deal with. Ive purchased three from Silencer Shop and did the the transfer with them. He is fast to certify and quick to answer any questions. In my opinion, they are the best to deal with in the area for ATF stuff. Clydes has become difficult to deal with the past few years.
View Quote
Another vote for Athens Gun Club.  They are great to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top