Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2024 1:24:26 PM EDT
I have an 870 Police short-barreled shotgun that has undergone a few strip/Cerakote jobs through Koted Arms. They've been really sloppy in removing and reinstalling the XS Big Dot sights on my factory 14-inch barrel. The front sight base has a few dings in it and the sights themselves show lots of marring. This time around, I told them not to reinstall them. I've ordered replacement sights from XS Sights and now I want someone who will use care and non-marring tools to install them. Any recommendations? I'm in south Gilbert.

PS, I used Ted's Shooting Range to install the Night Fision night sights on my HK VP9 handgun and just noticed the other day that my front sight had drifted to the left significantly. I was able to push it out by hand with a little bit of muscle. Clearly they removed too much material when fitting it. Needless to say, I won't be using them either!

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I would contact and take the relatively short drive to finks on the grounds of gunsite in Paulden. First class work.
I have had my share of gunsmithing nightmare stories, and know your frustration
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Wright Armory in Mesa or Tempe.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By captain127:
I would contact and take the relatively short drive to finks on the grounds of gunsite in Paulden. First class work.
I have had my share of gunsmithing nightmare stories, and know your frustration
View Quote

Lol.  "relatively short drive".  2 1/2 hours....
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
Wright Armory in Mesa or Tempe.  

View Quote

Another for Wright's. Was very satisfied with their work, staff and timeline. Great people.

They listen to the customer and pay attention. They performed the work exactly as I had requested.

I used the Mesa location. The Pin and weld on my new build was perfect. The price for that and additional work I requested was very reasonable.

Their website
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top