Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2024 11:36:24 AM EDT
Looking at a possible relocation to Elizabethtown so the question is what’s good around here. Gun shops, ranges, food.

Of course I know it’s right between Knob Creek and Ky gun co but as far as local are there places to get familiar with? I’ll take any and all recommendations.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Etown has a number of small gunshops, but the Sportsmans Rod & Gun is the biggest.  I got my silencer from them (Silencer Shop kiosk).

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IHC53:
Etown has a number of small gunshops, but the Sportsmans Rod & Gun is the biggest.  I got my silencer from them (Silencer Shop kiosk).

View Quote

Thanks, I’ll check it out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Sportsmans is a good shop, and has an indoor range.

Elizabethtown Gun is also nice but quite a bit smaller.  Woods Armory is a home-based FFL that has some inventory too.

Food?  Mostly chain restaurants for the sit-down.  But there are plenty of them unless you are into ethnic foods.  We do have several chinese restaurants, an indian, and a korean Bbq joint coming.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BPR:
Sportsmans is a good shop, and has an indoor range.

Elizabethtown Gun is also nice but quite a bit smaller.  Woods Armory is a home-based FFL that has some inventory too.

Food?  Mostly chain restaurants for the sit-down.  But there are plenty of them unless you are into ethnic foods.  We do have several chinese restaurants, an indian, and a korean Bbq joint coming.  

View Quote

Which is the best Chinese restaurant? There is always one that is just a littler better than the rest.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:10:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#5]
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:

Which is the best Chinese restaurant? There is always one that is just a littler better than the rest.
View Quote

My preference for the past 30 years has been Green Bamboo.  But, my brother in law says it's not real chinese food.  He's a 1st generation American- both of his parents are from Hong Kong, and they owned a chinese restaurant in NC for a couple decades.  Real or not, it's damn good!    

But, if you're a fan of buffet style, I hear good things about Kingdom Buffet.  (I'm not a buffet fan so I've never tried it)

Obviously we have a lot of Mexican restaurants too.  Not much difference in the menu between any of them though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:
Looking at a possible relocation to Elizabethtown so the question is what’s good around here. Gun shops, ranges, food.

Of course I know it’s right between Knob Creek and Ky gun co but as far as local are there places to get familiar with? I’ll take any and all recommendations.
View Quote

If you need to be in Lexington in about an hour, it is fairly easy to do so.

I was in ETown a couple weeks ago to grab lunch with a dear friend of mine.  We ate at Namaste and the chicken biryani was delicious.

You're also pretty close to the Corvette plant, museum, and driving experience.

FWIW, Louisville is not that far away if that concerns you.

You can zip up 65 and hit the Gene Snyder and be on 64 pretty quickly.

Only being a couple hours from Nashville would be a bad thing for me, because I like nice guitars and I can see the temptation of driving there once a month to "shop."
Top Top