Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2024 7:36:27 PM EDT
All - Probably moving to TN in the next year. Two options are listed above. Interested in all pros/cons about each and local shooting ranges. I plan on joining Oak Ridge since they have 3 gun matches in addition to other competitions.  Other housing options in E TN are also welcome.

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 2:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bodybagger:

The advantages of Tellico Plains are better scenery, world class trout fisheries nearby, no interstate real close and no Buccee's.
View Quote

Tellico Plains and Tellico Village are two entirely different places/areas. They really aren’t that close to each other, at least 45 minutes to an hour from each other.

The comparison of TV to FFG can be close to the same but very different at times. FFG being on the plateau and at a higher elevation tends to have longer, colder winters although most winters the last few years have been milder.

Access to medical care/facilities is better at TV in my opinion. Both have golf courses, but the edge there might go to FFG.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks - Both assessments are spot on. The housing market in TV is way more expensive than FFG. I really can't justify dropping $500K + on a 3/2 home. Some of the driveways are sheer inclines. How someone thinks they can navigate that is beyond me. It was dry on Monday and I was sober. Walking down the driveway was a serious challenge. I think billy goats would be casting a sideways glance thinking - "Are you outta your John Brown mind."

TV has better local amenities and FFG is a bit more rural. Less traffic for sure. Back to the Ouiji Board.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont know about Fairfield, but Tellico Village has a very restrictive POA that I personally would have a hard time with. For example, no parking in your driveway overnight, must park in your garage.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought in Crossville. Just a few miles from Fairfield Glades. For shooting I plan on using the Fairfield Glade Sports. Mostly because it is less than a mile from home. I am not sure if it has any of the fun shooting games but for the first year it will serve me fine. I will still need a place to shoot my NFA.  https://www.ffgsc.com/
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't see that in the rules, but would be an absolute deal breaker for me. The point is moot because I decided TV is no longer a viable option. FFG or maybe Oak Ridge.

Thx for that comment tho.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By leadispenser:
Some of the driveways are sheer inclines. How someone thinks they can navigate that is beyond me.

Walking down the driveway was a serious challenge. I think billy goats would be casting a sideways glance thinking - "Are you outta your John Brown mind."

View Quote
ah

If you think that area is hilly...

Real Tennessee is going to be... problematic for you.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mohawk17:
I dont know about Fairfield, but Tellico Village has a very restrictive POA that I personally would have a hard time with. For example, no parking in your driveway overnight, must park in your garage.
View Quote
Tellico Village is very fucked up, and has been for a long time. Lots of shifty funding and realtors.

They just need to form a city; they've been jacking up their costs to replace infrastructure for a few years now. Lots of Very Northerners there, as well. Take that for what it's worth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top