Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2024 8:07:12 PM EDT
What has anyone heard about the two on the ballot opposing Rick Scott (John Columbus and Keith Gross)?

A quick gander at Cumbus’ campaign site leads me to believe he’s running as a republican as a democrat has zero chance of winning a statewide election in ‘24. I incorporate posts from another thread for reference.

Originally Posted By HiFlow:
Originally Posted By MK3110:

Columbus seems to be a pot head and Gross seems to have trouble with campaign finance laws.

I reckon I prefer the money launderer over the dope smoker.

ETA: I just went to Columbus’ campaign site and holy shit, it reads like it was written by a leftist. I was only half kidding about being a pot head but he had to be high af when he registered as a republican.

Wants to expand social security
Pro choice
Regurgitating book banning narrative
No clue about what causes inflation
Wants a law capping rent annual rent increases.

Every problem he lists, he proposes expansion of government to solve.
View Quote

I got the same vibe. I dont know squat about nor heard of either.

Holy smokes. Also zero mention of 2A so far from what Ive read. From His Bio below.... Totally not a leftie. We sure this aint some psi-op to get a leftie elected?

I spent the first 18 years of my life raised in a conservative, God fearing household in Orlando, FL. When I graduated from Dr. Phillips High School in 2002, I was decorated as Prom King & Senior Class President.

In autumn of 2002, I  began my collegiate career attending New York University where I obtained a Bachelor in Fine Arts from Tisch School of the Arts, graduating in 2006.

“I ran for Senior Class President to give glory to God”
— John S. Columbus

I became a member of the Actors Equity Association while working at the Paper Mill Playhouse, and by 2007 I was touring North America in the first national tour of Monty Python’s Spamalot.

When the Broadway tour ended in 2009, I stayed in Los Angeles to continue my professional acting career. I worked at the Pasadena Playhouse, did a few commercials, one pilot, and made an appearance on Comedy Central before moving back home to Orlando in 2012.

In 2013 began working full time at Walt Disney World as a performer in the comedy troupe “The World Showcase Players” in the United Kingdom Pavilion at EPCOT. While working in the entertainment community around Orlando, I was afforded an opportunity to set sail with Disney Cruise Line in 2015.
View Quote

@HiFlow I didn’t want to muddy up Miami’s thread about the GOA kicking ass much more so started a new one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What has anyone heard about the two on the ballot opposing Rick Scott (John Columbus and Keith Gross)?

A quick gander at Cumbus’ campaign site leads me to believe he’s running as a republican as a democrat has zero chance of winning a statewide election in ‘24. I incorporate posts from another thread for reference.

Originally Posted By HiFlow:

Columbus seems to be a pot head and Gross seems to have trouble with campaign finance laws.

I reckon I prefer the money launderer over the dope smoker.

ETA: I just went to Columbus’ campaign site and holy shit, it reads like it was written by a leftist. I was only half kidding about being a pot head but he had to be high af when he registered as a republican.

Wants to expand social security
Pro choice
Regurgitating book banning narrative
No clue about what causes inflation
Wants a law capping rent annual rent increases.

Every problem he lists, he proposes expansion of government to solve.
View Quote

I got the same vibe. I dont know squat about nor heard of either.

Holy smokes. Also zero mention of 2A so far from what Ive read. From His Bio below.... Totally not a leftie. We sure this aint some psi-op to get a leftie elected?

I spent the first 18 years of my life raised in a conservative, God fearing household in Orlando, FL. When I graduated from Dr. Phillips High School in 2002, I was decorated as Prom King & Senior Class President.

In autumn of 2002, I  began my collegiate career attending New York University where I obtained a Bachelor in Fine Arts from Tisch School of the Arts, graduating in 2006.

“I ran for Senior Class President to give glory to God”
— John S. Columbus

I became a member of the Actors Equity Association while working at the Paper Mill Playhouse, and by 2007 I was touring North America in the first national tour of Monty Python’s Spamalot.

When the Broadway tour ended in 2009, I stayed in Los Angeles to continue my professional acting career. I worked at the Pasadena Playhouse, did a few commercials, one pilot, and made an appearance on Comedy Central before moving back home to Orlando in 2012.

In 2013 began working full time at Walt Disney World as a performer in the comedy troupe “The World Showcase Players” in the United Kingdom Pavilion at EPCOT. While working in the entertainment community around Orlando, I was afforded an opportunity to set sail with Disney Cruise Line in 2015.
View Quote

@HiFlow I didn’t want to muddy up Miami’s thread about the GOA kicking ass much more so started a new one.
View Quote

You are reading my mind bro! Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Voted for Keith Gross because Rick Scott doesn’t care about 2A
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:
Voted for Keith Gross because Rick Scott doesn’t care about 2A
View Quote

Or federal Healthcare fraud...
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I can’t believe 95k people voted for Columbus…
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Because anything is better than that POS Skeletor Scott?
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikov762:
Because almost anything is better than that POS Skeletor Scott?
View Quote

Fify. Did you see Columbus’ bio in the OP? Liberal running with an R knowing a dem can’t win a statewide election here in 2024.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Fify. Did you see Columbus’ bio in the OP? Liberal running with an R knowing a dem can’t win a statewide election here in 2024.
View Quote

Yes..I did.  Just shows that 95,000 R's are fed up with establishment Skeletor.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Fify. Did you see Columbus' bio in the OP? Liberal running with an R knowing a dem can't win a statewide election here in 2024.
View Quote
How was and is that any different from Rick Scott and the majority of Republicans currently holding office?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
How was and is that any different from Rick Scott and the majority of Republicans currently holding office?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:

Fify. Did you see Columbus' bio in the OP? Liberal running with an R knowing a dem can't win a statewide election here in 2024.

He admits it publicly? Kudos for being honest, I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Chip Roy should move to Florida and run for the Senate.  At least that would be one stain removed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top