Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: Today 10:48:01 AM EDT
Twelve year Sargeant Colby Hill resigned in AUGUST after it came to light that he stole money during his time as Treasurer of the FPOA.  He's up on multiple felony charges.  No worries, those Felonies can be finagled down to Misdemeanors and 'ol Colby will reappear in suburb near you in a few short years, bet on it.

www.fox4news.com/news/frisco-police-officer-theft-colby-hill  

There's an real irony here, the Frisco Police Officers Association(and the Frisco Fire Fighters Association!) endorsed disgraced Dallas Police Officers Frederick Frazier in his reelection campaign against Keresa Richardson in Texas HD 61 this past spring, see Freddy finagled his charges down to multiple misdemeanors and that was good enough for the boy's in blue of the FPOA!  Locally the population was outraged and Richardson won biggly...  So when the Frisco Police Department and their Association cry tears after one of their own back stab them, I find it disingenuous at best that they are outraged and the Police Chief's statement is LOL hilarious!  

HKing
Link Posted: Today 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Sad deal. I worked with Colby at his previous department. Great guy, not sure what happened to lead to this.
Link Posted: Today 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
A simple and inexpensive mandated outside audit written into the charter/bylaws every two years prevents 99% of these issues. Protects the association. Protects those fiduciaries handling funds.
Link Posted: Today 10:20:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#3]
It is total bullshit that Bad Cops caught in crimes are allowed to just "Resign" when caught doing actual crimes to save their pensions & benefits.

They did exactly that for Gerald Goines and the others of the Houston 5 who kicked in the front door and murdered a couple sitting peacefully in their home.

We killed a couple and their dog - so...  we are going to retire before you charge us and we lose our benefits & pensions.

If you get commit a crime while on "Team Blue" - that bullshit of "Oh I'll just Resign so I walk over somewhere else to get hired" has got to end.

Bigger_Hammer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top