Link Posted: 7/30/2024 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Figured it was about time I sent it and got a membership to an organization that has actually been fighting against tyranny.

I'll head up from Chattanooga. I need to get out of the house more often anyway for something besides work.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]
If I can get someone to caretake for my wife I plan to go.

Do you have any questions about K-town? This would be a good place to get your advance work done.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Registered and ready to go. I live about 30 minutes from there. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#12]
There are tons of restaurants in the downtown area.  Too many to list, so give us an idea of what you like.  Start with Market Square, the Old City, and the restaurants on Gay Street.  Balter Beerworks (brewery and good food) and Chesapeake's (seafood) are also within walking distance of the convention center as well.

I'm not a coffee drinker but there are plenty of hipster coffee houses around.

The best pizza in the area is Big Ed's in Oak Ridge, but unfortunately that is quite a drive from Knoxville.  If you are going to be in Oak Ridge, check out Oak Ridge Sportsman's Association as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in west Knoxville and can not imagine not going to this.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Just understand that downtown knoxville isn't really representative of the Great State. It is more skewed towards Nashville Lite, which is a faded watercolor of pretty much any dem shithole across the country.

Few of us go there on a regular basis, much less reside there.

There are a couple of convention centers. I am thinking the KCC is the one dead dick downtown, at the head of the UT strip. There is also a center in a monster building where the Worlds' Fair once stood. Most gun stuff is further north in yet another center in a run down former big box anchor store.

There will be a lot of things in walking distance of the two, but they really have little to do with Us. We are super decentralized, and the actual cool stuff is car drive distance, so if you really want to see some Tennessee (double N E double S double E lol) you need to factor in a rental. Don't rely on carshare services, we have a lot of issues with those.

You gotta do the Smokeys, and at least drive through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. (If you like the alcohols, there is a distillery route I love to sherpa people through). You need to do the K25 site tour and look at how the museum is being built out. (drive by Y12, too and see if you get a metallic taste LOL) I wish you had time to get someone to take you on the Dragon, that is VERY memorable. Then you can drink some more at our most infamous state prison that is now essentially a bed and breakfast. I said what I said.

Then go see the new world class racing facility up in Crossville and get your belly full at that Buccees (after the one in Sevierville wears off). Then poke through Athens, pay respects to the battle of Athens, then buy a shitload of milk products at the nearby Sweetwater Valley Farm and send it back to friends for Christmas and other holiday gifts.

We have an absolute shit ton of water sports here, jet boats doing donuts until TWRA shows up are fun, then you can dress up and ride a legit paddleboat and eat fancy food for dinner.

There are a few places to rent machine guns. There is a place where you can shoot heavy stuff, but I never got the invite (after offering to do the dudbusting). There's a little niche place in Lenoir City where you can toss axes, but that really is something best experienced as part of a crew. If you are into scuba, there is Loch Low-Minn. We have a GREAT Appalachian Museum, but you'd also get to enjoy the heat and humidity, too (It is rough as hell right now).

I can think of a bunch more things, but have no idea what you like. All the B roll you will get in walking distance will be exactly like any other dem city slowly decaying while they pretend it isn't, replete with a MLK blvd though. Except for underground knoxville. IF you can find how to get into it, it is pretty neat to UX. There is a bar built into a bank vault, and you have to know the passphrase to get in there. Some clubs. Go up in the sunsphere. Run the strip on a friday night if you are still there.

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#17]
If you're driving up, stop in Monroe County (I75) and eat at the bigfoot pizza place then. It's a little ways off the interstate but

Oh - the lost sea is there (you go inside a mountain to see a lake)
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:23:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Any plans for dinner after the show on Saturday?
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top