Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2024 12:02:32 PM EDT
I am heading down to nasty CO now and bring a couple WY postmasters with me. Aspen is behind on mail and doesn’t have the staffing to catch up so Wyoming to the rescue. As per SOP. Anyway I’ll be staying in Glenwood the next two nights. Anyone live local that wants to get a beer say the word.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I was through there Tuesday, so missed y'all.

Glenwood Canyon Brewing is a decent (but busy) place.  

Fish the Frying Pan river if you can.  Big browns in there!

Hike up Smuggler's in Aspen if you think you are fit!

Drive up Independence Pass if you have time.  Spectacular views.

Glenwood Hot Springs is a must-do.

Enjoy your time there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 7:09:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OldNo7BoozeBag] [#2]
I wasn't impressed with Glenwood Canyon Brewing...

Slope and Hatch and Smoke Modern BBQ were both really good...

Iron Mountain Hot Springs is pretty nice also, but get the pass for the adult side and enjoy some beverages without kids around...
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
So how did it go?  The only thing I miss about Aspen was the fishing when I was working up there one summer.  Almost got caught twice camping where prohibited, aka sleeping in the truck.
Prick just didn’t get up early enough to catch me, and I had a better use for my perdiem than a room in Glenwood.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
So how did it go?  The only thing I miss about Aspen was the fishing when I was working up there one summer.  Almost got caught twice camping where prohibited, aka sleeping in the truck.
Prick just didn’t get up early enough to catch me, and I had a better use for my perdiem than a room in Glenwood.
View Quote

Did not end up having time for adult beverages. The office was current on mail on Friday evening. Doubtful it will stay that way for long. Nearly impossible to hire and retain in the mountain towns. Jackson is in a similar state up here. I did see more odd cars than I have ever seen which was kind of cool.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah you see some unique stuff up there.  Odd rich people too.
I was fishing right in town and some older gal had been sitting on the creek bank watching me.   Get closer and she is cheering me on and says clean that fish and bring it up to the house, we can have a steak with it.  That was different.  Probably would’ve been fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top