Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2024 9:04:53 AM EDT
Looking for recommendations on where to buy a gun safe (30+ gun size) in ABQ. Ideally, the vendor will be able to install as well, but it they don't, hopefully they know someone who can. Even more ideal is if they can take the old one away (AMSEC SO65F) away.

I used Heights last time for the AMSEC. While I very much appreciate the outstanding effort their technicians did trying to save my AMSEC, I feel that they don't have the greatest selection and the prices are a little high.

Security Source says they install but give zero details on what they have in stock or anything about pricing.

Sportsman's and Cabelas naturally have the largest selections but no install services (but, again, not a deal breaker).

Anyone local I'm missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dangermouse78] [#1]
Tractor supply as well.

No install services, but they run good sales a lot of the times.

If you’re looking to go cheap, Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe take a trip to Phoenix and bring one back in a trailer. I found an excellent safe for a friend some years ago on Craigslist.   It had 3/16" steel on all sides.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Caliber's has a big safe store off 40. They do full installs (delivery, bolt down, etc). I thought the guys who did it were super polite, even moving it around after I changed my mind a bit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you all for the advice. I ended up going with Costco of all places. They had a safe at a very price with a lot of the features that I wanted. I had Heights do the install and now all is right in the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top