Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2024 11:33:29 PM EDT
I am unfamiliar with the Phoenix (I'm in the North West conservative part of the state ) so I looking for suggestions for hotels to stay at. restaurants to eat at, and stuff to do on my off time. Close to 7th/Dunlop/Cave Creek Rd. There are a bunch of hotels off I17. I assume it's a decent area. Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]
It is NOT a decent area. Find somewhere east of the 51 freeway and north of Northern avenue.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:16:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: freeride21a] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alphabavo:
It is NOT a decent area. Find somewhere east of the 51 freeway and north of Northern avenue.
View Quote

Yeah, isn't that like legit Sunnyslope?

Would avoid staying there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 9:09:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: azcheesehead] [#3]
I would suggest looking for a place a few miles south of that hospital.
There are a lot of new places on Central and 7th street.
If you like to spend money, go a little further to the Camelback and 24th street area.

Yeah, the hospital is in Sunnyslope and is full of meth heads, but like most crappy areas in the valley you don't have to go far to be clear of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beretta_Jerry] [#4]
Via De Los Santos is on central between Dunlap and hatcher. It's really good mexican food and a ton of tequila choices. It's very small, however.

Eta: North Mountain brewing and OSHO are good for beer and food. Dicks Hideaway has really good New Mexican food from what my buddy tells me.

As others have said, not a great area to stay or linger late at night. The hotels along I17 suck due to the people that hang around outside. There are a couple near I17 and happy valley. That is a real nice area.

Happy Valley going east ends and turns into 7th street south. You could take that to the hospital and avoid the shitty rush hour on the freeways.

Hilton at Tapatio is a resort, pretty cheap for summer, and near your jobsite as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I will agree with the other posters, that area is not a great area.  Go north or south, along I17 corridor, or south on the Central Avenue Corridor, you will be much better off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldn't stay in a hotel by the 17 sleep east of Central.

Food near the hospital- north mountain brewery has really good lumpia.

Cocktails, butler's easy.

Dive bar rumrunners. North Central sports bar is neat but heavy on the smoke smell and depending on when you go the crowd can be a little rough.

1227 taproom is a cool hangout place, you can bring food there. Nearby: dilla libre or taco mich #4

Dawns bakery took over the old Karl's location and pretty good.

If you travel via 7th st (or ave as well) during the week make sure you understand the suicide lane hours.

I live near there, it's not as sketch as it has been in the past but I have met more than one person who got shot in the area.

There's a little o's ohso offshoot, foods ok.

If you're willing to drive farther I second the rec for dick's hideaway. In the same intersection texaz grill is good, Bluewater grill, orchard tavern.

Linger longer for their ein parken sandwich. There's a pie snob next door that has a pie atm.
Top Top