Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2024 11:28:45 AM EDT
I'm flying to DIA later this summer for a visit with some friends in Cheyenne, and will  then head up to Yellowstone, Black Hills, and some of the other national parks in the area.

I want to bring a handgun, and currently have a PA LTCF/CCW, but not sure if thats good for CO (pretty sure I'm good to go in WY or SD though). Also, given all the bullshit gun laws CO seems to have been passing lately I need to know what kind of mag limit or other bullshit I need to be aware of.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
PA permit is good here.  Don't worry about the bullshit mag law, its utterly unenforced (local shops will sell you any size mag you want).
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Fly:
PA permit is good here.  Don't worry about the bullshit mag law, its utterly unenforced (local shops will sell you any size mag you want).
View Quote

I'm not too worried about buying mags; I'm more worried about some TSA or airline goon pulling one out of my bag for the flight either in or out of DIA, and getting snagged for something dumb that way.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By shaggy:

I'm not too worried about buying mags; I'm more worried about some TSA or airline goon pulling one out of my bag for the flight either in or out of DIA, and getting snagged for something dumb that way.
View Quote

I wouldn't worry about that at all.  TSA doesn't enforce state level gun laws, they only give a shit about if your following the normal rules of flying with a gun.   Bring whatever you want.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
fly to cheyenne instead?
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
fly to cheyenne instead?
View Quote

My local airport doesn't have a direct flight to Cheyenne.  And I'd rather stick my dick in a blender than have to go to Newark, Philly, or JFK for a direct flight.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]
TSA isn't going to open up your case to see what you brought in.  Flying out, you'll have to go to the ticket counter, fill out the little form that says it isn't loaded, then hand it over to TSA so they can x-ray and swab the case. I've flown in/out of DEN with guns dozens of times. Never any issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top