Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2024 4:08:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freakinout]
Howdy Colorado arfcommers, heading up there next week for some work stuff, and was looking to stay my last night at a hotel closer to DIA for a early-ish flight.  

Is the area around I225/ E iliff ave Aurora area decent enough or should I look elsewhere?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually stay at this Hyatt Place.  They have an airport shuttle and a decent breakfast.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vim:
I usually stay at this Hyatt Place.  They have an airport shuttle and a decent breakfast.
View Quote

Thanks! That is darn close, I'll have a rental I'm returning so don't need a shuttle this trip necessarily.  Been looking at a Doubletree south of there, as I'd like to keep it under $200 for the night might have to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn next door
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 4:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freakinout] [#3]
I'll be up north the rest of the week, how bad is the drive from Ft Collins to DIA at 4:30-5am?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
You should be pretty clear Ft Collins down to Longmontish- it can get heavier the further south you go but at that hour realistically you should be clear at least to Pena Blvd-that bitch is always busy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
I'll be up north the rest of the week, how bad is the drive from Ft Collins to DIA at 4:30-5am?
View Quote

Keep an eye on your gps.  If traffic is looking bad that time of day, take E470 to the airport.  It'll cost a few $, but you won't have ANY traffic on that toll road.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By WWolfe:

Keep an eye on your gps.  If traffic is looking bad that time of day, take E470 to the airport.  It'll cost a few $, but you won't have ANY traffic on that toll road.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

I travel TX regularly, may toll bill was 320.  Was 120 last month and I spent 2 weeks at my cabin in NM
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all for the replies, I got a room booked down in Aurora for a night which should keep the drive to the airport minimal.  In recent years I'm mostly only gotten to/by Denver to where my brother was living in Northern Wyoming so this'll be a trip finding my way around that part of the state as I usually avoid it like the devil
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top