Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2024 8:15:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 8:19:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Was going to be making a 5 figure deposit on Saturday now Im closing everything and telling them to pound sand, will never do business with them in the future.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:34:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#3]
And now they’re famous…

Bank Says Customers Are Prohibited From Buying Guns And Ammunition? ??
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:36:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Seph:
Was going to be making a 5 figure deposit on Saturday now Im closing everything and telling them to pound sand, will never do business with them in the future.
View Quote

Funny that you should say that. I actually just moved most of my money from them. Ironically, them being a local CU was the reason I originally dumped Wells Fargo…
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 1:20:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#5]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By migradog:
I've got a few things to get from PSA, we'll see what happens when I use my ICCU card.

I'll use at QRF Firearms too, just to see if anything happens.

Then I guess I'll find another credit union.
View Quote

Let us know what happens.

MACU has been good to me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Guess the question now is, is there a good CU in Idaho or are they all the same?
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Guess the question now is, is there a good CU in Idaho or are they all the same?
View Quote

There are a few faith based ones around.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a few things to get from PSA, we'll see what happens when I use my ICCU card.

I'll use at QRF Firearms too, just to see if anything happens.

Then I guess I'll find another credit union.
View Quote

I’ve made dozens of purchases in that category over the years with them and haven’t been stopped once. So I’m sure most of this is copy paste crap they added when they setup their ebranch service. Doubt they actually read it themselves.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Just cut open my box spring and started stuffing stacks of Benjamin’s. When that gets full, the interior walls are next…
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Looking for a faith based credit union to replace our ICCU account.  Any names?
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:25:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Well, my PSA purchase went through, we'll see what happens next.

In the meantime, I'm looking for a new credit union.
View Quote

They updated their ToS. Weapons and ammo are a go.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local/iccu-updates-ebranch-agreement-public-feedback/277-a6652d3f-4166-41c9-be9d-4e76e2c2ee4f
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Just came to post the same!

Thanks Dilly!

I’ve never had an issue with them with ANY transaction and have been VERY quick to alert me of possible fraud.

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got an email about it.

We want to immediately correct two items:
First, ICCU members can use their account(s), including mobile banking, to purchase legal goods and services, including firearms, ammunition, and cryptocurrency, as long as these purchases adhere to federal and state laws and regulations.

In addition, while ICCU’s eBranch services can be used to make tax and court-ordered payments, including child support, we do not recommend using them for these activities. Instead, we advise that members leverage government and state payment portals to ensure timely delivery.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at ICCU HQ
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#16]
So either they are incompetent or evil, either way I won't be doing any business with them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 1:48:15 AM EDT
[#17]
So either they are incompetent or evil, either way I won't be doing any business with them.
View Quote

I think it’s good that they were called out but my money is on that they copied and pasted the ToS. Doubt they even had their legal team read it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

I think it’s good that they were called out but my money is on that they copied and pasted the ToS. Doubt they even had their legal team read it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Nothing in the corp world is done willy nilly. Everything is read, checked and triple checked before shit is signed off. They are not sorry, they are sorry they got caught. They knew exactly what they did, they just thought it would go unnoticed and they bet wrong.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By matt58:
Just cut open my box spring and started stuffing stacks of Benjamin’s. When that gets full, the interior walls are next…
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2024 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard this was only for zelle via the ICCU site and its per the Zelle tos… is that not the case?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CaliContractor:

Nothing in the corp world is done willy nilly. Everything is read, checked and triple checked before shit is signed off. They are not sorry, they are sorry they got caught. They knew exactly what they did, they just thought it would go unnoticed and they bet wrong.
View Quote

Mmmm, that's not always the case in my experience. If they truly knew what they were doing, they would have enforced the ToS a long time ago. I've been a customer of theirs since 2018. I've made well over a dozen purchases that would have violated those terms. Just cause something quacks like a duck doesn't mean it always is one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top